Simply Business is more than our name. It's how we approach insurance: Make it clear. Make it simple. Make it affordable. By combining exceptional talent, technology, data, and knowledge, Simply Business is the go-to online insurance brokerage that protects small businesses and the entrepreneurs who work hard to build them.
We want team members who have the drive to challenge boundaries. If you’re smart and passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences, we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for a Relationship Manager to join our Commercial team. This role will be a key to Simply Business’ success by building effective relationships with our insurance carrier partners and internal Insurance Product teams to optimize our product offering, carrier appetite and relationship to mutually benefit Simply Business and our carrier partners.
This role will report to our Vice President of Insurance Panel and working closely with our Commercial Business Development team to influence our carrier strategy in new and ongoing partnerships.
As a Relationship Manager you will:
- Work closely with the VP of Insurance Panel to manage relationships with insurance carriers on our panel
- Facilitate open and transparent dialogue between SB and carriers, setting clear expectations internally and externally
- Become an extension of the carrier’s team, knowing their pain points and growth aspirations
- Collaborate with our Insurance Product team, set the broad strategy (lines of business, states, industries, etc.), and negotiate expanded appetite with insurance carriers on our panel
- Track and report out results and optimization efforts with each carrier with support from our data and analytics team
- Report status updates of each carrier to SB management team
- Facilitate and oversee all carrier compliance audits
- Attend all assigned carrier meetings, documenting meeting outcomes and following through on delivery of action items
- Manage carrier portal access requirements for our team of licensed producers
- Where applicable, oversee assigned carrier new product development efforts on our platform
- Negotiate insurance carrier compensation plans aligned with SB revenue targets
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience within commercial insurance
- A highly confident relationship builder with the natural ability to engage, build relationships, and understand the needs of our carrier partners balance against those of SB
- Excellent communication skills and experience delivering compelling pitches, presentations, and proposals based on business and potential partners needs
- A self-starter with the ability to manage and prioritize your own workload and pipeline to the needs of the business, with effective communication skills
- The ability to challenge us! We want people who can come in and shape the future of this business and not be afraid to raise questions and help us improve
What are the benefits?
Here are some of the great benefits and perks that come from being a Simply Business employee:
• A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy, and the market we’re in from your first day
• Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
• Short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance coverage
• Participation in the Company’s bonus program
• Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
• Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
• 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
• Flexible working hours and working from home
• Annual company trip, regular outings, and volunteer opportunities
• An awesome WeWork office with cold brew coffee and other beverages on tap, local pop-up events, and more
As a company, we pride ourselves on inclusion in the workplace. Simply Business is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Want more info on working at Simply Business? Check out our careers page: https://www.simplybusiness.com/careers/