Regional Sales Manager, East
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). By combining great products, student data, and research on best practices, Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 600 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong and growing team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
This is where you come in…
We are looking for a Regional Sales Manager on the East Coast to join our revenue team. In this role, you will be responsible for achieving revenue success in a defined territory. You will act as a player/coach, overseeing the work of both Account Managers (renewals and expansions) and Partner Development Managers (new business sales) in their territory, while also driving towards your own number.
Sales Responsibilities (50%):
- Responsible for closing new business on the East Coast, one of our most important markets. Operate in-field and focus on hunting new business and expanding market share and revenue within the region.
- Meet and exceed personal quota in defined territory.
- Work collaboratively with our Marketing and inside-sales Partner Development Associate teams to create strategy and create leads and sales opportunities.
- Develop and maintain deep knowledge of the Ellevation product.
- Prioritize and engage prospective K-12 district partners with virtual and in-person demonstrations and meetings.
- Effectively manage a pipeline of sales opportunities and accurately track in Salesforce.
- Create pricing proposals and oversee the purchasing process for new East Coast districts.
- Travel Requirements: 30%.
Management Responsibilities (50%):
- Responsible for the Eastern regional team meeting and exceeding a team quota up to $5MM.
- Manage 1-4 AMs and PDMs in a defined regional territory.
- Successfully coach reps on sales tactics, presentation, and product knowledge.
- Build, recruit, and maintain staffing for revenue team in conjunction with the VP.
- Work alongside the VP of Sales and Account Management and Director of National Sales to define territories and revenue strategy across a defined market.
- Analyze data on a weekly basis to inform strategy and make recommendations.
- Oversee and enforce revenue team processes and procedures.
- Implement and manage regional sales forecasting and planning.
- Deeply understand regional product uses. Synthesize product and market feedback to revenue leadership.
- 3-5+ years experience successfully selling to the K-12 market. Strong track record of meeting and exceeding personal quotas selling technology.
- Strong data analysis and Salesforce skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Solution-oriented problem-solver. Able to collaborate across teams.
- Must be able to conduct critical conversations and deliver consistent feedback.
- Able to lead and motivate others to achieve high performance. Prior management experience a plus.
Why Ellevation? Learn more about our great benefit plans and our collaborative and flexible work environment in our Culture Deck: https://ellevationeducation.com/culture