Regional Sales Director - New England
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
Our Regional Sales Director will seek to build relationships in the assigned geographical market with dealer decisions makers and automotive dealership groups. The Director's primary responsibility will be to represent CarGurus in a designated territory, consult with that territory’s automotive retailers, reviewing on-line business practices, and consulting with dealership management and Internet department staff.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of direct sales experience
- Automotive experience required
- Willingness and ability to travel on a frequent basis within a defined territory
- Strong business consulting, analysis and reporting skills
- Ability to work independently from a remote/home office
- Motivated self-starter with the desire to succeed in a fast-paced rapidly growing company
- Collaborative background working with various internal teammates to execute go-to-market strategy effectively and efficiently
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Salesforce Experience a plus
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, preserve, and grow direct relationships in a designated geography through prospecting, sales calls, and relationship development and management
- Create and manage relationships with area automotive retailers by demonstrating value as an on-line marketing strategy consultant
- Ensure customer satisfaction by responding quickly and accurately to dealer concerns and needs and following thru on prompt resolution
- Provide in-depth analyses and reports regarding field activities and dealership progress
- Provide written and verbal feedback to the product and operational teams on new product ideas and/or suggested modifications to existing products
- Collaborate internally with various operational teammates to maximize client retention and relationship growth efforts
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.