Partnership Manager, New Business at Leyton
Leyton is a global consultancy firm dedicated to helping companies of all sizes improve their business performance with innovation funding through underutilized tax strategies and incentives. Founded in 1997, we have grown to over 1,700 employees in 12 countries, with US offices in Boston and San Francisco. Having a newer US presence gives us the feel of a startup with the financial stability of a larger company.
Currently in the US, our specific expertise is in the implementation and optimization of Research and Development (R&D) Tax Relief and Credits. Our business consultants, technical experts and tax specialists work with a wide range of companies, offering strategic advice on how R&D work can be structured and financed. Our sales and strategic teams initiate rewarding conversations with hundreds of firms in 70+ niche markets. So far we’ve helped over 25,000 companies uncover tax credits to help fund innovation and accelerate the growth of their business.
We offer real career opportunities in a fast-growing, friendly firm with a dynamic and ambitious team. With diverse groups from sales to scientists, there is plenty to learn and collaborate on - ideal for those who are intellectually curious. Our compensation package is competitive and you will be rewarded on the basis of your personal performance, as well as on the basis of the company's overall achievements. For the right candidate, the extensive growth plans for the US offer the opportunity to progress quickly.
Function of the Role:
Will be responsible for identification, evaluation and execution of strategic selling opportunities through including channel sales partnerships, alliances, and inbound/outbound marketing initiatives. You'll bring practical experience in managing complex partnerships and deal dynamics that ultimately shape a win-win scenario for the parties involved to significantly accelerate the growth trajectory of Leyton US.
Will build, grow and manage a “book” of partnerships being held accountable for the entire partnership lifecycle from partner acquisition to lead generation, monitoring sales metrics and liaising with consulting on delivery expectations; autonomy in managing these Key Accounts and ensuring the relationship is strong and business KPIs are met year over year. In this role you will seek out and partner with venture capital/private equity firms, industry associations and key business influencers. More information on our partnerships can be found at https://leyton.com/us/partnerships/
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Identify and evaluate new strategic business opportunities; Structure potentially complex deal scenarios that may incorporate a sell-to or sell-with scenario involving multiple parties across an ecosystem.
- Work across partner ecosystem to build/lead cross functional teams in support of deal structuring -- Work effectively in a team environment and develop creative alternatives.
- Utilize data insights to define measures of success with each partner relationship; predict and manage the evolution of partner relationships.
- Generate holistic (partnership) compelling business cases (Build financial models to support complex deal negotiations), think strategically and act on ideas, and effectively sell these ideas to the leadership team.
- Achieve sales, revenue and profit goals and strategies that advance the partnership performance and enables the achievement of the departments’ as well as the business’s financial goals
- Maintain partnership retention and client lead flow while providing exceptional customer service and developing client relationships
- Be the partner’s advocate within Leyton creating a positive customer experience that ultimately results in the renewal of the partnership
- Engage in the day-to-day management of the partnership, including issue resolution
- Lead meetings on negotiating agreements and execute partnership plans.
- Identify opportunities to improve sales effectiveness. Coordinate cross-functionally to deliver process improvements, playbooks, toolkits, and skills development
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Business Development/Channel Sales/Partnership experience - minimum 2-3 years. Ideally with B2B sales experience in a services industry.
- Proven and successful track record in establishing strong and long-term customer relationships, being able to retain existing business and develop new business. Demonstrated ability to grow share in an Enterprise account
- High attention to detail and ability to work independently and efficiently on tasks, escalating when needed.
- Ability to lead negotiations and create and deliver high impact pitches. Excellent commercial acumen.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills; ability to speak to stakeholders at varying levels in an organization, tailoring your key message and being able to listen to the needs of their business.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a demonstrated ability to be effective in a matrix environment
- Ability to lead, develop, and motivate a senior team, leading them to surpassing of goals/targets
- Strong Financial acumen and P&L management experience
- Demonstrated ability to oversee partnership programs and deliver on the Leyton promise
- Demonstrated success at building relationships at the highest customer levels
- Demonstrated ability to effectively translate customer needs (expressed and unexpressed) into a successful account plan that drives growth in share of market
- Demonstrated ability to secure and leverage internal resources from the organization to accelerate performance of customer success
- Demonstrate high proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, and MS Excel, which are necessary for the creation of visually and verbally engaging reports and presentations for key stakeholders
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Leyton provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.