Partner Success Manager at Drift
Drift is the new way businesses buy from businesses. With its quickly evolving set of tools and playbooks, Drift is the world’s leading conversational marketing platform, trusted by top enterprise businesses like Marketo, Okta, Outreach, Ellie Mae, and over 150,000 other businesses. Sales and marketing teams rely on Drift to connect now with the customers who are ready to buy now. Based in Boston, Drift was founded by serial marketing technology entrepreneurs David Cancel and Elias Torres and is backed by leading venture capitalists including CRV, General Catalyst, and Sequoia.
At Drift, we have a once in a lifetime opportunity. In the past 10 years in all of SaaS, only TWO companies have reached channel maturity of $100M (Xero & HubSpot). The partner team has uncovered that we have that same opportunity. But it’s also the challenge of a lifetime. We’re looking for the next member of our partner success team to take the program to the next level.
Our partners are marketing agencies, consultants, integrators and overall pretty dang good at what they do. However, they aren’t experts in the Drift product. That’s what we’re looking for you to change.
Your mission is to make Drift partners product experts. We explain the problem a little more here.
Think of it this way – we have 300+ companies that want to color the world conversational marketing. Soon, thousands. Let’s go.
What you’ll be doing on the team:
In one month you'll...
- Attend comprehensive organization training and learn the Drift story, how we work and our goals for the future
- Experience an in-depth product training, including learning how to use the product for your own business
- Have 1:1 meetings with your direct manager and meet with other key players
- Shadow colleagues, learn best practices for what make Drift Partners and Customers successful
- Deliver customer on-boarding calls and build strategic business plans for partners and their customers
- Be fully responsible for your very own portfolio of partners and running calls independently!
By month 3 you'll...
- Continue to master your knowledge of Drift product and have a deep understanding of the industry
- Fully understand our internal ecosystem and be able to collaborate cross-functionally to provide the best-in-class experience for our partners
- Continue to learn and apply the Conversational Marketing and Sales Blueprint with partners
- You have to teach this. Imagine every partner is like a new Drift employee that isn’t on salary. Because they aren’t.
- Work with your partners daily, delivering value and helping them achieve their goals
- Assist partners through onboarding their own instance of Drift.
- Assist partners through their customers’ onboarding process by training, coaching and strategically planning with them.
- Should be achieving your Net Retention and Customer Onboarding targets
- Ensure partners have both a marketing strategist as well as an implementation specialist when they win a customer.
- Manage customer’s satisfaction ratings from partner’s customers.
- Manage reseller partners and their customers to show them success through Drift.
By month 6 you'll...
- Have a proactive, independently managed routine established for working with your customers
- Drive customers successfully through onboarding within a fast paced environment
- Master conversational sales and marketing practices
- Be consistently hitting and exceeding your retention targets
- Work with your manager to identify a plan of continued growth
- Bring your thinking, strategy and ideas to the team to advance our creative culture and vision for the future.
- Master the Drift partner success motion for turning partners into world-class conversational marketing experts.
- Clear understanding and mastery of how to use the Conversational Framework, Conversational Marketing Blueprint and Drift Maturity Model and can coach partners on it.
- Should be exceeding your Net Retention and Customer Onboarding targets
About you and what types of skills you’ll need:
If what you just read excites and describes you, we’d love to talk to you. We are looking for people who can challenge, inspire and motivate us to make amazing things happen for our customers. We have a strong preference for:
- 1-3 years of customer facing experience in an implementation or customer success role, preferably in a software or Sales/Marketing environment.
- Drift product mastery.
- Experience in fast-paced and high-growth companies
- Teacher DNA.
- Willingness to give open and honest feedback. Beyond teacher DNA, we’ll help you become a coach. But you have to want it.
- Problem-solving skills to work alongside a partner and enable them to solve problems for their customers.
- Extreme ownership of your partners, onboarding time, churn and retention of the partner and their customer.
- Scrappiness and willingness to roll up your sleeves and make things happen for your partners and their customers.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and video communication.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]