At edX, a Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA) based non-profit, our mission is to offer a world-class education to everyone, everywhere, allowing them to gain the in-demand skills and knowledge that will lead to fulfilling careers and lifelong success. Today, edX provides more than 18 million people access to education from the best universities and institutions in the world, including Harvard, MIT, Oxford, and UC Berkeley. EdX provides inspirational and transformative knowledge to students of all ages, social status, and income, worldwide.
Are you a skilled partner advocate who enjoys growing relationships, presenting new opportunities, and consulting partners on success?
Partner Managers are responsible for managing a portfolio of partners and providing ongoing consultative support to increase the revenue, performance, and portfolio of content offered by the university/organization. This role goes beyond traditional account management as you’ll be responsible for driving results by securing content in in-demand areas from the world’s best universities and education organizations, consulting with partners on how to increase the performance of current content, and guiding partners to adopt edX strategies and best practices.
Partner Managers bring a combination of business acumen and executive presence, advisory skills, account/project management experience, and a proven ability to achieve results.
- Relationship Building & Management: Serve as primary point of contact for edX partners and own relationships across the institution. Set and achieve goals related to the partnership, marketing strategy, and course content portfolio.
- Business Development: Pursue new content opportunities at your partner institutions to meet edX business objectives and partner goals.
- Advising: Provide ongoing consultative support to partners on marketing, content strategy, and how to meet our mutual goals/objectives for the partnership.
- Cross-Functional Coordination: Collaborate with edX executives to meet our business objectives with partners and effectively coordinate with internal teams from marketing, product and support to deliver on partnership needs/goals.
- 5+ years experience in professional services, account management or business development, serving diverse global organizations
- Proven success growing relationships and achieving growth targets
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to collaborate effectively cross-functionally
- Ability to manage a portfolio of multiple projects from various partners simultaneously.
- Excellent business writing and verbal communication.
- Comfort with ambiguity and proactive, optimistic approach to problem-solving.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and get work done through others. Strong stakeholder management across a range of partners, levels, functions.
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment and demonstrates a startup mentality.
- Open to domestic and international travel, up to 20%.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of educational technologies, deploying SaaS technologies, or content production preferred.
Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available. Candidates must be able to work out of the Cambridge, MA office.