Outside Sales Manager at ezCater
ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
People love our service. Our customer-focused sales teams help people learn about us and become complete converts – dare we say, addicts? – of ezCater. Our sales teams on the caterer partner side of our marketplace help restaurants and caterers connect with new customers, increase revenue, and streamline their operations through our offerings.
As our Outside Sales Manager, you’ll lead a team in developing the customer and caterer base for one of our newest food-at-work-focused products. You’ll build and develop a team comprised of inside and outside sales representatives aimed at scaling our reach within Boston and beyond. It’s an exciting role for an experienced, people-focused sales professional to have direct measurable impact in jump-starting our next successful endeavor.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and hire. You are a player-coach who’ll work with a team of Inside and Field Sales Representatives.
- Hunt. You and your team will call, call, call, and get better and faster at closing business professionals across the US.
- Scale. Build out a sales strategy to scale our reach into other metros.
- Be flexible. We use data (a lot of it) to drive decisions. Be willing and even looking for what’s the right thing for both the business and the caterer/customer.
- Invent. We’ve been selling ezCater for 11+ years, so you can build off our experience. If you don’t have a constant stream of new use cases/scripts/approaches to A/B test, you’re not being creative enough.
- Coach. You help your junior hunters become senior, and your senior hunters become even better at their craft.
- Collaborate. You partner with our Marketing department to help with targeting and lead generation, and our Customer Service Ninjas for killer support.
- Have 5+ years of sales management experience, specifically building and managing high-performing sales teams.
- Love for people. You’ve hired, managed, and grown inside salespeople who are professional, personable, and great closers.
- Are comfortable working in the field 50% of the time.
- Thrive in face-to-face situations as much as you do on the phone.
- Are numbers-driven. You get that sales is a machine. You’ve got your favorite ways to measure results, and Sales Ops and Excel are your friends.
- Are a success. People have worked (or would work) for you more than once.
- Are technically savvy. CRM and SFA tools are child’s play to you.
- Play well with others – and command credibility, too.
- Understand and have experience selling to admins, sales people, and other business professionals.
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCater’s radical transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
At the same time, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.