Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus is seeking an experienced sales professional to join our National Accounts sales team. The National Sales Director will be responsible for managing the overall relationship with some of our largest and most strategic customers. This individual will be responsible for reviewing current performance reports, upselling new offerings, renewing existing programs, and identifying additional business opportunities within these complex entities. The candidate must exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills, be able to work both independently and collaboratively with other team members in a remote environment, and have a strong on-site customer presentation presence.
The National Sales Director will seek to build and expand relationships with National Account corporate entities, regional digital advisors, and store management. The primary responsibility will be to represent CarGurus in an assigned set of national accounts, expand CarGurus paying customer base within that assigned group, review on-line business practices, and consult with corporate and dealership management staff. This individual will work closely with the entire National Accounts team.
What You'll Do:
- Achieve quarterly acquisition and renewal quota targets while developing and growing assigned National Account base
- Create and manage relationships with assigned National Accounts by demonstrating value as a digital marketing strategy consultant
- Ensure customer satisfaction by responding quickly and accurately to dealer concerns and needs and following thru on prompt resolution
- Provide in-depth analyses and reports regarding activities and dealership progress in conjunction with your Account Manager
- Provide written and verbal feedback to the product and operational teams on new product ideas and/or suggested modifications to existing products
- Collaborate internally with various operational teammates to maximize client retention and relationship growth efforts.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of direct business-to-business sales experience
- Technology/Automotive/Digital Marketing sales experience preferred
- Willingness and ability to travel when needed to target account dealerships
- Strong business consulting, analysis and reporting skills
- Ability to work independently from a remote/home office
- Driven individual with a high level of professionalism, problem-solving skills, and common sense
- Highest ethical standards
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be able to communicate clearly and efficiently
- Sales Forecasting skills and performance expectation management a must
- Proficient in Salesforce.com, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.