Manager, Sales Operations
Interactions, LLC is the world’s largest independent AI company and it is headquartered in the Boston area. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s hottest and most dynamic industries.
Interactions’ mission is to create amazing customer experiences by advancing AI technology that understands and engages on a human level. The human element of what we do not only relates to how we differentiate our AI technology, more importantly, it informs and guides our focus on our most valuable asset, our employees. We endeavor to create opportunities for our employees to advance their skills, their interests, their passions, their careers and their lives.
The Manager of Sales Operations is responsible for leading, developing and driving functions essential for Sales force productivity and effectiveness. Ensure that the interaction between Sales and Customer Success operations is aligned with the larger company-wide strategy. This includes planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales enablement (i.e., training), sales compensation design and administration.
- Bookings & Revenue Forecasting: Responsible for managing, aligning, and coordinating the resources, processes and technology that support the bookings and revenue forecasting process for the Sales/CSO organization.
- Identify, track and report on appropriate metrics. Provide the data support to ensure appropriate pipeline opportunity conversion and provide repeatable/accurate forecasting processes resulting in booking to plan. Manage data collection and perform trend analysis. Report on team performance on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. Develop and manage best practice/data accuracy in Sales Force.
- Identify, track and report on key metrics. Provide leadership with data and analytics on pipeline opportunity. Develop and implement repeatable processes that accurately forecast progress against bookings and revenue plans.
- Manage and promote training across unified sales/CSO teams. Manage and enhance the sales enablement program (tools, materials, onboarding and training). Collaborate with head of Sales / CSO to mange and enhance sales ‘boot camp’.
- With input from Sales / CSO leadership team, develop and implement a comprehensive sales enablement program including but not limited to new hire boot camps and skills development programs for veteran team members.
- Develop and manage sales artifacts to ensure all materials are following best practice standards (Presentations, JEP and other selling tools).
- Working in collaboration with senior leadership team, provide guidance on headcount planning and named account allocation (territory) of our worldwide team.
- Compensation Planning and Administration: Collaborate with executive management on design and management of incentive compensation programs that directly align with the interests of the company.
- Empower the team to do their best work.
- Coach each team member on growing their skill set while continuing to support their success.
- Nurture and ensure team members feel they are valued.
- Relentless at removing obstacles for their team to help them get things done on time.
- Communicate well and foster open dialogue to encourage continuous learning.
- Help with career development.
- A minimum of 5 years sales operations experience.
- A minimum of 5 years management experience.
- BA/BS Degree, MBA preferred.
- Significant experience structuring and analyzing data and then developing reports designed to illuminate key insights.
- Strong business acumen and a solid understanding of the key drivers of revenue growth.
- Experience managing and/or leading Sales Force systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience collaborating with leaders in other functions (e.g. Finance, HR, Technology).
- Experience developing and managing sales incentive plans.