Manager, Sales Development at Rapid7
We help make the world a better place by helping companies understand how they can securely advance through Rapid7’s products, solutions, research, and expertise. The North American Sales Development team sets the stage for the customer experience through our prospect-centric engagement with cybersecurity team members and leaders. We believe we have the best talent and are committed to Sales Development Representative (SDR) career development. Our SDRs are key contributors to Rapid7’s growth as future exceptional Account Executives and through the creation of high-quality pipeline. The Sales Development team is one of the first interactions our prospective customers have with Rapid7 and is a key driver of our success.
If you have proven success in managing and developing people to achieve weekly, monthly, and quarterly goals as well as have a passion for coaching, mentoring, and inspiring people, this is the role for you!
Rapid7 is seeking a highly motivated and talented Sales Development Manager to join our North American Sales Development team. As the Sales Development Manager, you will develop, coach, and train a highly-driven team of SDRs who are early in their careers and aspire to become world-class Rapid7 Account Executives. You will also lead the team in prospect-centered engagement to evangelize Rapid7 products, solutions, services and research to companies across North America.
What Success Looks Like:
- Coach and manage a team of SDRs to master skills across sales development including cold calling, setting the stage for the customer experience, understanding security personas, leading discovery calls, and positioning Rapid7 solutions
- Have a maniacal focus on outcomes and impact. Closely monitor metrics – everything from dials per day, conversion rates to opportunities, hand-off to sales and close rates – with the aim to increase SDR productivity and contribution to pipeline and bookings
- Manage the day-to-day activities of SDR team including live coaching and mentoring, call statistics, conversions and pipeline build
- Work closely with sales managers and account executives to ensure proper alignment on opportunity quality, follow-up on hand off, and Account Executive promotion eligibility
- Partner and communicate effectively with various functional teams including Sales Enablement, Sales, Marketing, and Business Operations to maximize opportunities for growth and efficiencies
- Identify and make recommendations for improvements around process, efficiency and productivity of the Sales Development team
To Be Successful In This Role, You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of management or coaching experience with proven track record of developing, coaching, and retaining individuals
- 2+ years of success with achieving goals in a Sales function
- Demonstrated success with goal achievement (as individual or manager) and managing KPIs
- Proficiency with sales tools such as Salesforce.com, LinkedIn Navigator, Yesware. Experience with Gong and Outreach.io a plus.
- Ability to analyze data to identify ways to improve productivity, efficiency and contribution to the business
- You inspire others around you and build a highly motivated and successful team through your leadership skills
- Goal-orientation and high-energy with a focus on team results and growth