Think Bigger. Build Smarter. Create Great Software.
SmartBear helps the world’s most recognized companies develop the world’s best applications. SmartBear has played a role in the ride you ordered, the banking app you use, the item you posted for auction, or that flight you just purchased. SmartBear's award-winning suite of testing software enables organizations to meet frequent release deadlines without sacrificing software quality, all while reducing testing costs. Additionally, our award-winning collaboration software helps development, testing and management teams work together to produce high quality software elevating a business’ ability to communicate and complete objectives more efficiently.
Due to massive growth and market success, SmartBear is continuing to hire employees rapidly to scale our company globally. Reporting to the VP of North American Sales, SmartBear is hiring a Manager of Sales Development. This individual will lead an existing team of Sales Development Reps by providing daily coaching and mentorship while teaching them the skills required to take the next step in their career.
- Hire, train, and coach the next generation of SmartBear sales talent
- Coordinate with Sales Leadership to build varied targeted calling campaigns
- Coach your team to identify, contact, and qualify prospects; building a strong pipeline of qualified opportunities with their respective Territory Managers
- Report on weekly, monthly, and quarterly metrics to the VP of North American Sales
- Work closely with each team member to develop them into highly productive sales professionals; preparing them for the next step in their careers
- 3 – 5 years of a demonstrated track record of success in software sales as an individual contributor selling into IT teams and managing a full sale cycle from cold calling to closed business with a focus on prospecting and lead sourcing
- Proven success working in a complex, multi-product sales environment
- Strong analytical and documentation skills (experience using Salesforce.com and Excel strongly preferred)
- Success creating an on-boarding and career path framework for SDRs/BDRs
- Knowledge of inbound and outbound business development strategy
- Experience with modern sales enablement solutions to increase efficiency across the team
- Goal oriented and driven individual looking to be a great mentor and teacher
SmartBear is behind the software that empowers developers, testers, and operations engineers at over 20,000 of the world’s most innovative organizations including Adobe, JetBlue, MasterCard, and Microsoft. More than 6 million people use our tools to build, test, and monitor great software, faster. Our high-impact tools are easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to use. These tools are backed by a team of people passionate about helping you create software that transforms our world. Those tools are SmartBear tools. That team is SmartBear. For more information, visit: http://smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.