Manager, Sales Development - Boston at Datadog
Our sales team works with a category-leading product that solves meaningful challenges for our customers. Sellers follow a defined, repeatable methodology that helps them identify the customer's unique needs and clearly communicate the value of Datadog’s solution. Whether you're looking to learn from the best or be the best, the Datadog sales team is dedicated to furthering personal development and team success.
Our sales development team is scaling, and we’re in search of a Manager of Sales Development to join the leadership team. This manager will have the opportunity to mentor, support and develop Sales Development Representatives. This role will make an impact on one of the largest lines of business for the company, and on the careers of a fast-growing sales team. This role will collaborate closely with existing sales development managers and report to our Sales Development Director, based in our Boston, MA office.
- Manage, mentor and train a team of Sales Development Representatives
- Participate in the hiring and interviewing process, as well as ramp up new team members
- Teach new hires how to assess prospects’ fit for Datadog, cater strategically to each prospect, and manage potential objections
- Motivate individuals and team to exceed objectives through coaching, reporting and creative incentives
- Launch the sales career of SDRs into closing roles within Datadog
- Develop and maintain accurate team forecasts for senior leadership team
- 2+ years of experience in sales or customer success
- Motivated by helping people grow
- Strong passion for coaching and team management
- Able to manage and work across multiple departments
- Outstanding communication, organizational and time management skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a high-growth rapidly changing marketplace
- Prior experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM tool
Datadog is a monitoring service for hybrid cloud applications, assisting organizations in improving agility, increasing efficiency, and providing end-to-end visibility across the application and organization. These capabilities are provided on a SaaS-based data analytics platform that enables DevOps and other teams to accelerate go-to-market efforts, ensure application uptime, and successfully complete digital transformation initiatives.