Manager of Consulting
Smartsheet is looking for a Manager of Consulting who will lead and inspire a robust team of Consultants and Architects. This person will manage the operational aspect of their respective regional teams. In addition to managing full business operations, the Manager will have responsibility for business development, process review/improvement/creation, work qualities, and be intentional in coaching and leading future leaders of the organization.
- Provide leadership in the attainment of department goals and objectives.
- Recruit, hire, develop, and directly supervise qualified Consultants / Architects.
- Attain Vertical and/or Product expertise to apply thought leadership towards business development activities.
- Be responsible for departmental budget and authorize expenditures.
- Manage and coordinate department development opportunities
- Coordinate development and evaluation of standardize documentation and resources for reporting performance and recommendations
- Collaborates with Sales leadership for ongoing initiatives.
- Research industry trends and keep the team current on industry changes.
- Optimally deliver consulting services throughout customer lifecycle to ensure maximum customer value and overall economic impact (software + services)
- Oversee scoping, estimating, proposing, SOW creation, and staff allocation
- Supervise Consulting staff in your practice area
- Responsible for annual performance evaluations of your team
- Interviewing, hiring, and training
- Planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Works in conjunction with the Operations group to implement best practices.
- Understand the full operation of a Consulting organization.
- Will travel, when necessary, to meet with current and future customers.
- 4-year undergraduate degree from an accredited university
- MBA, or equivalent, from an accredited university preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Excellent client management skills and the ability to work with customers in both pre-sales and post-sales environment
- Strong leadership, business development, organizational, team management, communication (verbal, written, and presentation), and interpersonal skills
- 2+ years working in a software services, and/or Consulting, leadership capacity
- Demonstrated success in solutioning, selling, and delivering solutions for F1000 organizations
- Proven success partnering across departments
- Excellent customer engagement, solution visioning, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience translating customer business requirements into software solutions
- Experience successfully utilizing change management and business process mapping strategies
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer on an ongoing basis