Who we are
Drizly is the world’s largest alcohol marketplace and the best way to shop beer, wine and spirits. Our customers trust us to be part of their lives – their celebrations, parties, dinners and quiet nights at home. We partner with the best retail stores in over 1200 cities across North America to serve up an entirely new way to shop, with huge selection, competitive pricing and a side of personalized content. That is what we do. Who we are is a different story. We are more than just another tech company. There is an intellectual curiosity that permeates Drizly. We have a desire to question, to understand, to figure it out. We value not just the truth but the process to get to the truth, to deliberate, decide and then act. Most importantly, we care. We care about our customer. We care about our company. We care about our team.
We are blazing a trail in an industry that hasn’t changed in nearly a century, and that doesn’t scare us (well, not all the time) -and even when it does, it doesn’t stop us, it energizes us.
Do you see yourself here? Read on.
Who you are
You are a highly motivated problem solver. People tend to describe you as a hard worker - but for you it is about doing the work and doing it well, because you care. You have managed a team for at least 2 years, ideally in tech/ecommerce industry. You’re passionate about developing talent, instilling trust in your colleagues, and driving the vision and purpose of the company. You are highly empathetic and love resolving issues as quickly, politely, and professionally as possible. You are a coach, someone who guides others to hit their goals and celebrates their wins. You aren’t easily rattled. You remain calm under pressure and can easily diffuse a situation through your presence. You understand the power of your words and are thoughtful in your approach. You know that the best partnerships don’t come from promising the world, but instead by being honest, understanding, and exhibiting good judgment. You are a super-communicator, both written and verbal; and you love to share what you learn.
Sound like you?
What the role is
Our Account Management team is growing and the Manager role is essential to our growth. In this role, you will be leading a team split between Boston and Denver through their daily responsibilities. This is an integral part of our larger Operations team, and you will be supporting our Director of Account Management who is based in Boston, MA.
People who do well in Account Management are authentic, curious, carry a can-do attitude, and find it exciting to strategically develop the markets in which Drizly operates. You will be responsible for educating and coaching our retailers, assisting them with their needs, and communicating their feedback purposefully and tactfully across Drizly departments. You will also be responsible for sharing market changes and performance metrics internally and across the broader Operations org.
In this role, you will:
- You will lead a team of Account Managers and Account Coordinators who are responsible for the retention, optimization, and growth of all existing Drizly retail partners
- Recruit and hire qualified team members to build the growing Account Management team, and oversee training material for new hires
- Monitor team performance and suggest process improvements to increase internal team efficiency
- Work collaboratively with key retail partners to improve operations
- Manage complex contract negotiations and work with legal counsel as required
- You will oversee our internal CRM systems and training manuals in order to guide team members through proper training procedures that you create
- Change course as priorities shift in real time, manage a variety of projects with outside vendors
- You will assist in analyzing retailer activities into concise messages and present that information to senior stakeholders at Drizly
- Work collaboratively with Sales, Onboarding, and Customer Experience to help improve retail operations over time
- You’ll assist in solving complex retailer requests, working out the best solutions that ultimately optimize Drizly’s retail networks
- Organize and track analysis and communications to work jointly with the Account Management team
The Other Stuff
- Competitive salary
- One-on-one professional coaching with an external expert
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- 401(K) Plan
- Added perks
You do you.
Drizly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
BEFORE YOU APPLY...
We ask that you please remove all identifying information from your resume before you upload it on the next page in an effort to help us remove unconscious bias from our resume review process. Drizly is committed to cultivating an inclusive environment where a diverse group of people can and want to do their best work, and that starts with our hiring practices.
Identifying information includes your name, photos, LinkedIn URL, email address and more.