Life Science Business Development Executive at Perficient
At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Business Development Executive to support our Life Sciences Practice. The Life Sciences Business Development Executive will be a senior member of the Health Sciences Business Unit and will sell in the Pharma, Biotech, Medical Device, CRO, and Academic Research Organization markets.
The Business Development Executive is a full portfolio seller, who focuses on a specific list of Enterprise and Strategic Clients in the Life Sciences industry. Reporting to Senior Management, you will be accountable for generating business of $3-5M+ revenue per year.
- Must be equally adept at all facets of the sales process from lead generation through the contracting process and account development.
- Develop new business for Perficient Life Sciences via various lead generation channels.
- Orchestrate the sales process from lead identification through close of the sales process. Must be able to add value to the sale and facilitate Sales Support Teams to develop the appropriate solution and close the business with the client
- Facilitate account revenue growth as a member of the account management team.
- Be able to sell the Perficient Life Sciences Portfolio of offerings and services: Clinical Development & Safety, Pharmacovigilance and IT Services.
- Candidate should possess a strong suite of Life Sciences client relationships (Fortune 500, CIOs, Senior Information Systems Executives, and Senior Business Executives), industry relationships (software vendors, integrators). Knowledge of/experience with structured sales methodologies, e.g., Strategic Selling, Solution Selling, SPIN, Power based Selling, Target Account Selling.
- Manage the overall relationship and communication with key clients and have full command of their business model, application landscape and how Perficient solutions deliver value.
- High energy, self-managed, hands-on, sound interpersonal, oral and written communications and organization skills.
- Must be able to clearly communicate the business value of complex, strategic solutions to life sciences business and IT executives.
- Has experience working with solutions that cover clinical development and safety for life sciences companies.
- Has experience configuring and developing content and messaging to facilitate the sales process and takes overall responsibility for the quality and effectiveness of final sales deliverables.
- Has a “hunter” mentality – loves to target and open new accounts which expand Perficient’s client base.
- Develops specialized business – solutions driven, project-oriented sales versus staff augmentation
- Personally developed business of $3-5M+ per year – able to manage and take accountability for a large, complex, team-selling environment.
- Good understanding of large information systems projects, good analytic skills, project management skills, understanding of disciplines (e.g. systems development methodologies, object orientation, etc.) and technologies (hardware, software, databases, etc.), grasp and ability to solve business problems with IT solutions.
- Has experience integrating a multi-shore delivery model into sales offerings
- Understands how to work with and manage sales through large complex IT and end user organizations
- Has experience submitting and winning large commercial RFP’s
- Understands the business importance of and can maintain an accurate sales pipeline and forecast
- Understands and can work through client vendor management and contracting processes
- Manage and execute the entire end-to-end selling process, working closely with the Perficient Delivery team (initial lead inquiry, qualification of opportunities, requirements gathering, project scope definition, effort estimation, proposal development, SOW creation, contract negotiation and closing).
- Develop and manage key relationships with Life Sciences Clients and Partner Alliance personnel to drive additional new business and provide proper communication on account activity.
- Lead and manage customer engagement opportunities from lead generation, to deal review, to negotiations and closing a deal.
- Travel to client sites where needed (up to 30+% travel).
- A proven track record of achieving and exceeding revenue objectives in complex solutions environment at Fortune 500 clients.
- 10+ years of consulting sales experience within Life Science companies.
- Proven experience selling IT professional services projects > $500,000 to Fortune 500 Life Sciences customers.
- Knowledge of/experience with structured sales methodologies, e.g., Strategic Selling, Solution Selling, SPIN, Power based Selling, Target Account Selling.
- Able to partner with clients to understand their organizational needs and recommend solutions that add value to their business.
- Strong verbal, written communication, and listening skills; strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent collaboration and team-building skills.
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. (#LI-PB1)
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.