Lead Apigee Technical Consultant at Perficient
At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
About Our APIMC Practice
Perficient has been in the middleware, API and API Management market for last 15 years and delivered large-scale, mission-critical middleware implementations in healthcare, telecom, energy, and many other verticals.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Lead Apigee Technical Consultant located near any major airport in the US. This role is remote, but may require travel when travel is permissable and safe. This is a two month contract role.
As Lead Apigee Consultant you will participate in the definition and implementation of leading API management technologies to transform enterprises into the digital economy.
You will drive all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes estimating, design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and support of applications developed for our clients. As a member in our team environment you will collaborate with other solution architects and developers on interpretation and translation of wireframes and functional requirements—leading to production quality applications and solutions for our clients.
- Lead the technical planning & requirements gathering phases including estimate, develop, test, manage projects, architect and deliver.
- Serve as a technical lead and mentor. Provide technical expertise and leadership in the development and continual improvement of Perficient Solutions.
- Be responsible for the delivery of sophisticated API Management solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience level.
- APIGEE Edge On Premise (Infra + Development, Customization), APIGEE Hybrid Fundamentals Knowledge
- APIGEE Microgateway installation, deployment, proxy and custom policy development, NodeJS, Java Script
- Design and develop security policies, custom integration with IAM Systems (like Okta, AD, Azure AD)
- Build integration with Single Page Apps, Mobile Apps, Third Party Systems using OAuth2, SSO, OpenID Connect, JWT
- Good understanding of key based security, certificate configuration , encryption and end-end security principles in app development
- Deep understanding of APIGEE Components and infrastructure deployment models, should have done at least one deployment of APIGEE Edge and Microgateway OnPremise installation
- Hands on experience of building APIs, proxies, swagger, policies development, custom policy development in APIGEE
- Good understanding of API Products, Apps, Analytics and API economy concepts
- Experience of implementing security and authorization policies in APIGEE and integration with security tools like Okta, AD, Azure, Auth0, Splunk etc.
- Good knowledge of SOA, SAML, SSO, OAuth2, OpenID, JWT, Key base security, certificates configurations, SSH, TLS
- Understanding of Microservices architecture and patterns, microgateway (preferred APIGEE), Istio, docker, kubernetes fundamentals
- Exposure to concepts of load balancer, firewalls, TCP, TLS, SSH, automated testing of APIs, Jenkins, CI/CD etc.
- Candidates with APIGEE Certifications will be preferred
- Candidates with experience of any other APIM platform like CA Layer7, Mulesoft, IBM API Connect, Kong along with APIGEE will be preferred
- 2+ years of Apigee APIM delivering solid APIs.
- Client facing or consulting experience highly preferred.
- Skilled problem solvers with the desire and proven ability to create innovative solutions.
- Flexible and adaptable attitude, disciplined to manage multiple responsibilities and adjust to varied environments.
- Strong communicators who can explain and present concepts to technical and non-technical audiences alike, including high level decision makers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or comparable major.
- Solid foundation in Computer Science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design and middleware technologies.
- Knowledge and experience in developing software using agile methodologies.
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.