The Key Account Manager position is an integral part of the third-party distribution team. They will be responsible for management of all aspects of assigned strategic accounts and new business development efforts around annuity and hybrid life/long term care solutions. They will own the overall relationship with the strategic partner responsible for achieving sales results, marketshare growth, driving penetration into the firm through conference and marketing campaigns, expanding product offerings, evaluating return on investments in the firm relationship, operations, compliance and overall client satisfaction. They will collaborate with other team members for wholesaling, operations, training, marketing, compliance and legal initiative development and execution.
Strategic Firm Relationship Management
- Own the overall relationship between Strategic Partner and MassMutual Third-Party Distribution for national/regional, broker dealers, banks, wirehouse and independent firms.
- Responsible for the entire relationship including sales results, market share, marketing plan, expanding products offerings, operations, compliance and overall client satisfaction.
- Responsible for the development, execution and achievement of firm business plans.
- Measure return on investments with overall firm relationship.
- Develop, align and execute all marketing, sales and support services for assigned accounts to achieve growth objectives.
- Understand the assigned accounts’ culture, systems, requirements and develop value add programs to increase marketshare.
- Work with firms to look for opportunities to generate leads for wholesaler opportunities.
- Anticipate and resolve complex problems.
Business Development/Industry Representation
- Own new business development process from prospecting, firm profiling, due diligence, agreement negotiation to firm launch.
- Expand distribution for MassMutual annuity and hybrid life/long term care solutions.
- Represent MassMutual and network for opportunities at key industry conferences and roundtable forums.
- 5+ years of annuity/hybrid life/long term care key account management industry experience
- Strong knowledge of annuity and hybrid life/long term care solutions
- Series 6 and 26 required
- Strong working knowledge of financial services industry and third-party distribution.
- Strong organizational, detail orientation and relationship management skills are a must for this position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Travel required, estimated 50%