International Business Development Associate
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
We are looking for a highly-motivated International Business Development Associate to help launch and grow new business initiatives in CarGurus’s international markets. Today these markets include Canada, UK, Spain, Italy, and Germany. This person will have the unique opportunity to cultivate key product and data partnerships that support the company’s goals and expand the business as we launch new markets. A successful candidate will possess an outstanding analytical skillset and strong communication and organizational qualities. The role is highly cross-functional with opportunities to work closely with product, sales, engineering and marketing.
What You'll Do:
- Own the tracking and management of existing and prospective partnerships
- Manage and maintain reporting infrastructure for dealer inventory levels across international markets, including with third party inventory partners
- Identify operational, process and growth opportunities that optimize existing partnerships
- Evaluate new and complementary opportunities across the automotive and technology industries to inform buy, build, partner decisions
- Support cross-functional development of new product, data and commercial partnerships critical to CarGurus strategic objectives
- Lead solutions to unstructured, often ad-hoc problems
- Conduct in-depth, data-driven analysis to inform senior leaderships decisions
- Build influential presentations and models that communicate key insights and recommendations
- Assist larger International BD team with ad-hoc, special projects as needed
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of professional experience, with a background in business/corporate development, consulting or investment banking preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Track-record of outstanding academic and professional achievement
- Data-oriented thinker with an excellent analytical and problem-solving skillset
- Self-motivated, well-organized and detail-oriented
- Strong communication and presentation-building skills
- High degree of professional and personal integrity
- Able to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Expert in Microsoft Office suite
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK, Italy, Spain, and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.