Inside Solutions Engineer at VMware Carbon Black
The VMware Inside SE will support Dell Sales representatives located within the Dell office, in pursuit of secure cloud infrastructure and business mobility opportunities. The ideal candidate has the ability to have technical business-based conversations. In this role, you will help accelerate and close business within a geographic territory or defined set of accounts. Typical duties include building customized presentations and demonstrations; assisting customers and partners with product evaluations and product feature/benefit discussions; assisting with solution designs and/or proposal development and responses; and enabling VMware salespeople on our solutions. The Inside SE will go through a guided training program once joining the company and will continue to build strengths by learning from Solution Engineers and other Technical Services personnel they will sit alongside. With your help, the role, responsibilities and geographical focus can change and develop over time.
Job Role and Responsibility:
- Learn and maintain current knowledge of VMware solutions and be able to describe key features and benefits of each as they relate to business challenges
- Provide pre-sales technical support to sales teams, partners and ultimately customers
- Deliver remote product and solution presentations and demonstrations via the phone and interactive tools like Zoom
- Assist with the training of VMware Sales personnel
- Develop and deliver responses to customer and prospect technical inquiries
- Provide evaluations and proof-of-concept assistance to partners and customers
- Participate in SE discussion forums
- Document customer feature requests and issues
- Assist product development in testing new products
- Stay informed and on top of developments within industry and the organization
- Establish positive working relationships – internal and external
- VMware Inside and Field Account Executives
- Dell Account Executives
- VMware Channel Partners
- Regional Inside Sales Management
- Other VMware SE’s and Solution Architects
- Preferably 1-3 Years experience in an inside sales engineer / inside solutions engineer in the IT Software industry
- Preferably an understand of Endpoint security (EPP)
- Strong business acumen
- We are seeking an enthusiastic self-starter with an outgoing personality, comfortable working both independently and as a team.
- Ability to build and present high-quality product demonstrations to both technical and executive audiences.
- Confidence and willingness to stretch beyond current skills and capabilities.
- Ongoing willingness to help
- Bachelor’s degree required - Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, Marketing or equivalent degree preferred
- Interest in high-tech & willingness to learn about all relevant aspects of technology
- You possess exceptional organizational and planning skills and have the innate ability to multitask
- Direct VMware, Partner or Channel sales experience, Systems Engineering or IT experience a plus
- Travel approximately 10%
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2020-01-10
Sales: VMware’s Sales team focuses on two primary goals: helping customers solve their biggest business problems and hitting our bookings targets to keep our company growing and strong. We begin by forging deep relationships with our customers, so we can truly understand their business challenges and opportunities. We help drive their digital transformation by bringing VMware solutions that provide the speed, agility, and efficiency needed to compete and grow in the Internet economy. We also try to make the world a better place by hosting and participating in community activities. Are you inspired by the chance to solve your customers’ biggest challenges? You can make that kind of difference with VMware’s portfolio of industry-leading solutions. Join our team, and you can grow your career and share in the success of an industry pioneer that’s turning companies into truly digital enterprises.
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.