Markforged is reinventing manufacturing with the most affordable 3D metal and carbon fiber printers capable of producing parts strong enough for the factory floor. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged metal and composite printers for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and high-value end-use production and optimizing their manufacturing and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 250 employees globally, with $137 million in both strategic and venture capital. Markforged’s vision is a world in which you build anything you imagine. Markforged was recently recognized by Forbes in the Next Billion-Dollar Startups list and listed as the fastest-growing 3D printing company in the US in the 2019 Deloitte Fast 500. To learn more about Markforged, please visit https://markforged.com.
As an Inside Sales Rep, you will be responsible for the initial prospecting and qualifying of all Sales leads. Gathering prospect/customer information which includes: researching the prospect’s company for industry information, competitors, compelling business events, key decision-makers, and important information needed to take the prospect to the next sales stage. This is an exciting role for folks looking to gain entry into the world of sales at Markforged. It provides a foundation for future sales roles and is a great way to join a fast-paced and growing company.
In this role you will:
- Responding and qualifying incoming leads in a timely manner via telephone and/or email who have shown engagement through advertisement, direct mail, email and tradeshow interests.
- Cold-call and email into targeted accounts, lists or personally researched contacts within a specified region/market to uncover and qualify opportunities
- Build a network; research prospective clients through the use of web/social media, internal databases and external tools to identify leads
- Utilizing company resources and existing customer references to build rapport and credibility to establish trust to further prospects along in the sales cycle.
- Managing and maintaining accurate prospect and customer account activity and information in the Salesforce.
- Provide ongoing Lead Development and nurturing strategies for prospects that are not currently ready to purchase.
- Working collaboratively with Enterprise sales and marketing teams and all internal operations to support the Enterprise sales team goals.
- Professionally represent Markforged at all times, working positively and effectively with internal resources and external customers.
What we look for:
- At least 6 – 18 months of professional experience and/or training in an Inside Sales environment preferred (or relevant internship experience in a sales environment).
- Ability to understand and analyze customer requirements
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent networking skills, both internal and external
- Familiarity with SalesForce CRM
- The ability to function in a team atmosphere, appreciate aggressive goals, and have excellent organizational/time management skills is also desired
- Demonstrated ability to work in rapidly changing startup environment
- Ability to present in front of C-level prospects
- High energy, enthusiasm and ambition to grow in your career
- Self-starter, master collaborator and skilled project coordinator, with experience managing projects with tight deadlines and multiple stakeholders
- A positive, can-do attitude is a key quality to succeed on the Markforged sales team
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Interest in 3D printing a plus!
- We use Apple computers and G-suite collaboration tools. While experience with these tools is not required, the ideal candidate will be excited to broaden their knowledge and embrace change.
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more. Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks. You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description