Inside Sales Associate
Inside Sales Associate - Community Solar
At Nexamp, we’re helping fight climate change by making solar accessible to everyone. We build solar farms that small businesses and residential customers can subscribe to in order to reduce their energy bills while also reducing their community’s carbon footprint. If you’re excited about our mission, joining a growing team, and helping be part of reshaping the energy industry, then this is the job for you. Let's make a difference together. Join our team.
We have an immediate need for an Inside Sales Associate to help educate and enroll customers in our market-leading Community Solar subscription program. This position is ideal for someone who loves to teach people (this isn’t about being a pushy sales person), is a highly-organized, and self-motivated individual. Interest in solar energy or electricity savings programs is preferred but experience in these fields is not a requirement.
The Sales Associate will work in our Boston office.
The Community Solar Sales Associate will speak with residential customers and small businesses to educate them about Nexamp’s unique Community Solar subscription offering. Key responsibilities include:
- Respond to inbound leads by phone and email as necessary. (This job does not require cold calling)
- Walk potential customers through the entire enrollment process - from first touch education to signing of the deal. Your job will be to effectively convey the Community Solar value proposition and help customers enroll if they are interested in moving forward.
- Conduct energy use/cost analyses to ensure Community Solar subscribers are receiving benefits tailored to their needs.
The ideal candidate must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, hands-on, results-oriented, and a team player. Key qualifications include:
- Strong desire to be successful in a sales/outreach role
- Prior experience in the energy sector is a plus but not required
- 1-3 years previous work experience is preferred
- Ability to build trust and rapport with prospective customers, providing clients with top-notch customer service
- Exceptional verbal communication skills. Enjoys talking to people on the phone
- Familiarity with Salesforce or another CRM platform is preferred but not required
- You are a people person
COMPENSATION & PERKS
Not only will you get to work with a group of innovative, dedicated, and motivated peers, you will also have access to all the benefits that Nexamp Offers! This includes: our competitive compensation package; a 401 (k) employer-match; health, dental, & vision insurance with company contribution; Flexible Paid Time Off and Company Holidays; Commuter Benefits and Cell Phone Reimbursement; as well as a Fun, Collaborative, Downtown Office Environment! We provide healthy snacks, coffee, in-office yoga sessions, volunteer opportunities, company outings, and more!
NEXAMP VALUES AND MISSION
Building the future of energy so it is clean, simple and accessible
Nexamp is building the energy infrastructure of tomorrow and reinventing the way people interact with the electricity that powers their lives. By deploying a distributed network of locally sourced clean energy, we seek to reduce the negative effects of climate change. Our team’s diverse experience drives innovation from the ground up and with a singular passion: to deliver an accessible and sustainable energy future for all.