Inside Account Executive at Acquia
Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and build customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
Passion, drive, and creativity are just some of the basic skills and traits we are looking for in an Account Executive. Experience handling full-life cycle sales in an individual contributor environment, along with working with partners to drive our business forward in a specified territory is key to being a successful Acquian sales representative. The role will be based in Boston and will require some travel (about 35%) for onsite client meetings.
- Identify new business opportunities. Engage with senior level executives within these organizations.
- Develop strong relationships and identify prospect needs at all decision-making levels.
- Stay current on competitor offerings and be able to identify their strengths and vulnerabilities.
- Turn client feedback into actionable strategies to drive new business and address competitive risks.
- Influence client decisions and advocate for client needs to negotiate win-win solutions.
- Work closely with various functional teams including Product Development, Account Management and Project Management teams to ensure seamless implementation and effective ongoing account growth.
- Collaborate effectively across internal teams and create an atmosphere of trust and open communication.
- Engage with our channel partners and various subject matter experts to drive sales opportunities.
- Travel to client meetings as needed.
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
- A minimum of 2-4 years of sales/client origination experience, preferably with CMS experience.
- Experience negotiating large strategic deals including all phases of client development: prospecting, proposal development, negotiation and ongoing relationship management.
- Have intellectual agility and an entrepreneurial mindset; demonstrates drive, initiative, energy and sense of urgency in acquiring and serving clients.
- Experience and the know-how to work in a start-up, fast paced technology environment.
- Ability to learn and absorb new products quickly and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands.
- Strong understanding of the SaaS business model for solutions delivery.
- Confident presentation skills, and must have 'presence' in front of the C-suite customer with the communications skills to articulate a value proposition to a wide range of organizational and functional levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability,
gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.