Implementation Engineer at Nuance
The Interface Engineer will be responsible for the successful end-to-end technical implementation and productive use of Nuance products. The ideal candidate for this role has a strong background in interfaces, design and implementation of integrated systems in a healthcare environment. Seeking a strong team player with critical/analytical thinking, outstanding communication and customer service skills, with the ability to lead implementation projects from a technical perspective and stay on task when working independently.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Technical planning, technical implementation and execution of Nuance healthcare products.
- System architectural and workflow design. Lead technical discovery sessions. - Assessment/adherence to component specifications and environmental requirements and prerequisites.
- Technology/software implementation, configuration and validation. Customize to customer requirements.
- Facilitates and leads customer facing conversations and communications to provide key information, direction, timelines and any technical information necessary.
- Collaborates with customer, vendors, support and engineering teams to resolve critical and/or complex implementation issues and needs in a timely manner.
- Able to work as a critical team player within a project team structure to achieve outstanding customer outcomes.
- Able to develop, configure and test successfully HL7/Smart on FHIR interfaces in a healthcare environment.
- Troubleshoot issues with client.
- Serve as primary point of contact for difficult problems and complex inquiries. - Work with engineering and clients on bugs/ enhancement requests.
- Post-implementation system audits and corrective actions as necessary.
- Maintains technical implementation project documentation to include technical detail, scope and key information.
- Must be capable of establishing and documenting implementation processes and procedures; producing high quality technical documentation for customer profile and technical reference.
- Must have knowledge of IT operations, responsibilities, workflow processes and procedures to resolve implementation related inquiries independently.
- Participate in product design, product delivery. Able to train and mentor technical resources on Surgical CAPD implementations.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications:
- Education: BA/BS Degree in computer science or similar or equivalent experience
- Minimum years of experience: 3-5 years of professional experience as in a Technical Engineering/Implementation role with high degree of technical and implementation experience.
- Previous technical system implementation experience with implementation of integration/HL7 interfaces.
- Experienced with and knowledgeable of HL7 trigger events.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills. Ability to lead technical discovery calls, testing calls and technical meetings.
- Experience with processes and methodology associated with design, documentation, transition and implementation/integration of systems in a healthcare environment.
- Knowledge of major EMR vendors from an integration/interfacing perspective. Preferred skills:
- Citrix, server virtualization, virtual desktop integration.
- Sumologic - Smart on FHIR, SAML, JSON.
- Mirth proficiency
- Security, Authentication.
- Routing, switching, load balancing
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.