Healthcare Solutions Configuration Engineer at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Nuance is looking to hire a principal-level Healthcare Solutions Configuration Engineer to join our team. This resource will be able to work remotely with the expectation they will travel to clients and our corporate sites as needed once safety concerns can be met due to the pandemic. This individual will support the Solution Consultant team ensuring the customer demonstrations show all Nuance applications with live demonstrations. This includes building, maintaining, and upgrading all Nuance Healthcare applications for the Solution Consultant environment. The role will help Nuance progress and secure new and existing business. They will focus on ensuring a single-customer experience that provides customer confidence in meeting their objectives.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Obtain a strong working knowledge of all Nuance Healthcare applications and cloud infrastructure.
- Build, maintain, and upgrade Nuance Helthcare applications.
- Understand tools used to inject cases into a demo environment including HL7 and Postman.
- Be a customer advocate towards our deeper technical organizations (PS, Engineering, Product) ensuring product roadmaps accurately reflect customer needs and market directions.
- Organize and create tracking tickets for needed work with R&D.
- Monitor upcoming releases and prepare environments for testing.
- Participate as a Subject Matter Expert on sales calls with customer IT and C-Level personnel related to security on topics such as HIPAA, HITECH, Business Continuity, recovery objectives.
- Subject Matter Expert to the healthcare sales account executives with regards to current and future capabilities for Nuance Healthcare products and cloud security.
- Facilitate interaction with the following Nuance teams RFP, InfoSec, Legal, Product Management and R&D, including the Deal Support Specialist assigned to the customer account.
- Identifying documentation gaps and collaborate on security white papers for both internal knowledge and external distribution.
- Maintain responsibility for supporting an assigned Team.
- Contribute to organizational process improvement, including processes related to developing use cases and knowledge management. Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing.
- Provide input into product and research direction by establishing technical requirements, sharing market feedback with product management, and providing feedback on product roadmaps and release definitions.
- Maintain a deep and ongoing understanding of our technology, including the user interface, integration methods, business rules, and limitations of the technology.
- Education: Minimum of Bachelor's degree in CS/IT/Engineering or related field
- Years of work experience: 5+ years of progressive related experience working with Healthcare technology/platforms
- Ability to manage cross-functionally under tight timelines
- Examine and resolve barriers, improvement opportunities Previous experience working in a consultative role
- Superior customer interface, telephone, email etiquette skills
- Planning, negotiating and time and priority management skills are critical
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and cope/ react appropriately in a fast moving, constantly changing work environment
- Knows when to escalate issues to Nuance or client management as appropriate for the situation
- Able to interact and converse on relevant healthcare IT concepts such as HIPAA Security Rules and HITECH
- Use and understanding of HL7 Standard messaging
- Exceptional competence in the use of Microsoft Office products, JIRA, configuration files, and editing scripts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work remotely and independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
- Experience with educating or training non-technical team members in testing.
- Competence leveraging Salesforce as the central hub for Sales process
- CompTIA Security+ certification
- Relevant healthcare industry experience
- Basic understanding of Voice Biometrics and Speech Recognition
- Basic understanding of web development technologies (Java, Tagging, Analytics)
- Basic understanding of analytics
- Knowledge of Nuance Healthcare solutions portfolio
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.