The Head of State & Local Government will provide sales leadership for InterSystems’s work in this sector. This executive will lead the entire strategy for this sector, including developing the go-to-market approach and identifying new paths of organic growth (including new markets, customers, and broader opportunities).
To be successful, s/he will bring strong experience growing a best-in-class sales organization to scale in a complex enterprise software business, as well as deep knowledge of and connections to the State & Local sector including Medicaid expertise.
- Design, develop, and lead the State & Local Government organic growth strategy.
- Build relationships with system integrators to increase opportunity pipeline.
- Execute the State & Local Government strategy, leading the organization to deliver against the annual plan, collaborating effectively with all internal and external parties to achieve sales goals.
- Build and utilize deep market knowledge and expertise, insightfully applying that knowledge through identifying new market opportunities.
- Build relationships externally with customers in a hands-on manner, including directly negotiating agreements with large accounts; work with customers in partnership with the sales team to understand customer needs.
- Act as an internal champion for customer needs, aligning the appropriate resources, processes, and infrastructure to optimally serve the customer base.
- Establish leadership, assess available talent and recruit additional talent to build out a strong sales organization for the State & Local Government team.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement and a highly motivated, data-centric organization.
- 10+ years in sales leadership in State & Local
- Track record of building effective growth strategies and delivering on those strategies at the state level
- Excels at building relationships in large accounts with multiple decision makers and influencers
- Has implemented sales excellence and continuous improvement programs preferred
- P & L Responsibility preferred
- Proven ability to gain insights from market and sales data that surfaces opportunities
- Enterprise Software Experience
- Specific experience in State & Local government solutions with Medicaid expertise
- Experience with developing relationships with system integrators
- Experience with the State & local healthcare agencies
- Dynamic inspiring leader with the ability to galvanize the team and produce results
- High Integrity that aligns with the culture, ethos and values of InterSystems
Education & Training:
- BS Degree (MBA preferred)
InterSystems is the engine behind the world’s most important applications. In healthcare, business, government, and other sectors where lives and livelihoods are at stake, InterSystems is the power behind what matters™. Founded in 1978, InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its software products are used daily by millions of people in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit InterSystems.com.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.