Head of B2C Sales Strategy and Business Development
Wayfair is looking for a senior professional to help transform our B2C inside sales operation into a world-class, technology-enabled sales engine. Inside sales represents a rapidly growing percentage of Wayfair’s revenue, especially in higher value and more complex product categories that benefit from expert sales advice. As the Head of B2C Sales Strategy and Business Development you will have a significant opportunity to build and operate a new sales strategy at massive scale.
As part of the senior leadership team for the global Sales and Service organization, the Head of B2C Sales Strategy and Business Development is responsible for creating and executing on a comprehensive sales strategy that delivers exponential revenue growth and improvement in sales efficiency.
You will work closely with stakeholders in Category, Brand, Product Management, Marketing, Promotions, and Pricing to understand their needs and inform our sales strategy and resulting customer experiences. You will also be responsible for anticipating future needs and driving and evangelizing sales team capabilities to the broader organization.
You will report to the General Manager of Sales and will work side-by-side with a dynamic team to achieve aggressive business growth goals. This is a unique opportunity for a highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual to contribute in a very significant way to Wayfair’s rapid growth and leadership in the e-commerce space.
- Define and drive the B2C sales strategy and related sales customer experiences
- Collaborate with Category, Brand, Product Management, Marketing, and other functions to help drive the sales agenda and transform the sales customer experience
- Develop fact-based, data-driven measurements of sales performance and establish stretch goals for 3-6-12 month time windows. Institute rigorous test-and-learn methodology to achieve desired results
- Relentlessly create revenue growth through innovative strategies and meticulous execution to deliver step change improvements in performance
- Develop talent within the organization, mentoring/developing team
- 8-10 years of experience developing and running product or service strategies or management consulting
- Passion to make a move to an Internet commerce leader and take direct sales strategy accountability
- Entrepreneurial spirit or prior experience in a high performance, fast-paced industry
- Takes an ownership mentality to holistically thinking about business models, go-to-market strategies, customer experience, and enabling technologies
- Masters or MBA from top tier school strongly desired
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior and executive management; exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills that can be tailored to internal partners
- Seasoned in managing timelines, delivery, dependencies, communication across teams
- Able to pivot readily and react to real-time data
- Comfortable in a data-driven business environment
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills including experience managing high performing teams
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Interest in home décor, furnishings, or design a plus
About Sales and Service at Wayfair
The Sales and Service team is responsible for using our knowledge of the customer to deliver exceptional service and positive shopping experiences across phone, chat, social media, and other customer engagement channels. Our footprint is global with teams in Utah, Texas, Maine, Massachusetts, Ireland, and Germany. Sales and Service leadership team members are equal parts general managers and innovators. We write our own playbook for success and work cross functionally with everyone from Engineering and Product to Merchandising and Category Management. We pride ourselves on delivering world-class pre- and post-sales support while always raising the bar for ourselves and the industry.
Wayfair generated $3.9 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 6,000 people.
Wayfair offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- DwellStudio, unexpected modern design for everyday life
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, access to the finest home furnishings brands—previously only available in showrooms