GVP, New Business at Toast
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
As the GVP of Business Development, you will build and lead a team that is transforming the way restaurants operate. You will be responsible for leading a team of SDRs, SDR managers, SDR directors and supporting departments to meet and exceed unit, revenue, eNPS and career development objectives. In this role, the GVP is expected to hire and develop their team, provide strategic vision/planning and provide ongoing coaching and support to ensure SDRs, SDR Managers and Directors are able to meet and exceed their individual and team sales objectives. This individual must value operational excellence, possess strong leadership skills, a desire to develop new sales professionals and have the unique ability to think forward and accurately assess and act upon business performance/data. The SDR team is one of the most valuable components of the Toast go to market engine and will see growth from 100 SDRs today to 3x under the GVP’s leadership.
The GVP will excel across three primary competency areas and their related components along with Toast’s core values:
- Operational Excellence
- Talent management and hiring
- Analytical skills
- Managing through systems
- Problem solving, innovation and creativity
- Strategic Thinking
- Strategic vision and planning
- Effective decision making and judgement
- Overall business acumen
- Continuous improvement cycling
- Process development
- Advanced Leadership
- Managerial courage
- Communication (written & verbal)
- Peer relationships & interpersonal savvy-ness
- Building culture, morale and team motivation
- Talent development
- Directing others
- Building effective teams
- The Toast RECIPE
Do you have the right ingredients?
- At least 8 years sales experience in comparable industries, with 2 years in a senior management position.
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels.
- Keen understanding of the Challenger sales methodology with the ability to teach and develop a team within the Challenger sales motion.
- Deep understanding of the SDR function
- Proven evangelical sales track record in a new product/new market environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results driven, team oriented environment.
- Experience with data driven sales funnel management and data driven operational excellence
- Experience in Restaurant and POS industry would be an advantage