Federal Business Development Representative - DoD
The Federal BDR is responsible for identifying and qualifying sales opportunities for the Federal Team. Through cold calling, emailing, and partnered marketing events you will look to set up initial meetings with organizations for product demonstrations, as well as check-in meetings for your assigned Field Sales Representative to conduct on-site or remotely. This role comes with a 15 month commitment to the Federal Team you'll spend partnered with two dedicated and seasoned sales reps.
Role Specifications & Scope
- Hunt for, qualify, and understand net-new prospect security opportunities.
- Evangelize Carbon Black value to the Federal security ecosystem & keep pulse on news, employment changes, and generalized industry information.
- Research top prospect information utilizing tools like Deltek GovWin, ZoomInfo, and LinkedIn.
- Territory management, mapping document management.
- Engage with key channel PM’s and agency C-Level teams.
- Understand and follow CB’s Federal CDM strategy with our Federal sellers, and engineers for cohesive selling team.
- Manage all meeting planning, preparation & briefings. Record accurate information and maintain detailed notes in CRM.
- Work cross-functionally within departments of Cb to drive deals forward (legal, marketing, customer success, sales ops)
- Implement strategic initiatives with Federal partners to target specific accounts.
- Monthly & Weekly chedk-in calls with partners to deepen relationships and hunt for new business.
- On-site visits to federal partners including CDW-G
- Collaborate with marketing to drive attendance to marketing events. Participate in trade-shows.
- Exceed pipeline creation, IP and call targets.
- Assistance with quotes as needed.
- Work directly with Federal Customer Success team to coordinate add-on opportunities and remain engaged with customers.
- Attend and present at Federal QBR’s
What You'll Bring
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong time management & task prioritization skills.
- Possess the drive to succeed and to participate in the growth of an exciting, fast-paced company.