The Enterprise Architect (EA) for Applications will become a member of MassMutual’s EA team whose function is to create alignment between technology and business strategy. This is a strategic architecture role to help drive digital transformation and create a competitive advantage for the company. The EA for applications will lead the evaluation of frameworks, platforms and technologies for delivering industry leading capabilities to MassMutual clients and partners.
The EA for applications will work with delivery teams, solution architects, product owners and engineers to architect innovative solutions for MassMutual business units. The person will have an opportunity to guide technology planning and strategy to maximize IT investments and enable MassMutual to make high impact long term decisions. This will be accomplished through reference architectures, blueprints and roadmaps to help standardize technology stacks and platforms to create engineering speed and agility.
- Collaborate with business and IT leaders to identify business unit priorities and create IT roadmaps that reflect the evolution of systems landscape over time.
- Conduct research and proof of concepts to evaluate enterprise platforms and technologies, investigate vendor offerings and Industry analyst perspectives.
- Partner with solution architects and project teams to identify project/program objectives, explore pros and cons of architectural options and recommend an implementation approach.
- Collaborate with engineering and platform teams to evaluate and document reference architectures, design patterns and technology standards.
- Create and maintain architecture models/diagrams that illustrate IT system landscapes showing the main applications and integrations/data flows between them.
- Manage application portfolios and maintain application information in the Architecture library for use in application assessments and technical impact analysis.
- Create architectural artifacts, snapshots, technical evaluations, vendor assessments and present options and recommended approach to executive review boards.
- Provide thought leadership and active participation in conferences and research with strategic partners and academic institutions
Ideal Skills and Experience
- Enterprise architecture or solution architecture experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Financial or Insurance domain experience
- Mobile, iOS, Android, Objective C/Swift, Kotlin
- Application design patterns, DDD and microservices
- Cloud technology, AWS EC2, S3, CloudFront, FaaS/Serverless
- Containerization, Docker, Kubernetes, AKS, EKS
- API platforms and REST service design, systems integration
- Asynch messaging platforms, pub/sub, Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Data persistence, RDBMS, NoSQL, Data Lakes, Streaming
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in computer science, engineering or an analytical field such as mathematics or Information systems.
- Minimum 5 years of related architecture or technical lead experience
- Technical knowledge across multiple areas
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing and reasoning skills
- Preferred experience includes knowledge of insurance and retirement services