Enterprise Account Manager at edX
edX is a non-profit, growth stage eLearning startup with a mission to democratize education by providing high-quality education for everyone, everywhere. The edX sales team is scaling and we are looking for a tenacious Enterprise Account Manager to join our team.
If you are looking for a customer-facing opportunity that is a little different than the others...this is it! Leverage your growth-mindset while you build relationships in Fortune 2000 companies that are looking for quality alternatives to educating their workforce. This is a multi-billion dollar industry that is ripe for disruption and edX has the ideal solution. Time to apply your consultative relationship management skills to a market hungry for an improvement in continuing education and employee reskilling.
In this role, your focus will be on the fulfillment, utilization, retention and growth of our online education platform at existing partners and customers. You will manage relationships with our valued partners and lead them through the transformative process of changing the way corporations reskill their workforce...with the weight of Harvard and MIT behind you.
Within three months, you will:
- Build mastery of telling the edX story and walking our customers through our suite of offerings
- Become an integrated member of our Enterprise organization through training, shadowing, and catch-ups across the department (including Customer Success, Marketing, and Product)
- Achieve an understanding of our competitive landscape and market dynamics, along with industry trends
- Develop technical skills within numerous tools that are integral to our Enterprise Sales team (Salesforce, Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, Zendesk, WebEx, Tableau to name a few)
- Begin to drive conversations towards advancement with a subset of clients
In your day-to-day beyond three months, you will:
- Develop relationships with a portfolio of our largest, most strategic clients (these are household names)
- Meet with VIPs and key customers remotely and in-person (travel estimated at 30%)
- Continuously hone and execute on account plans across your portfolio, leveraging data surrounding utilization and areas of opportunity
- Develop and forecast a healthy pipeline to reach your quarterly quota
- Be a workforce transformation trusted advisor to Enterprise clients and independently create custom course bundles from our catalog of over 1500 courses relative to customer criteria for skill level, timing against course availability, and budget
- Promote and evangelize edX while attending key industry events and conferences to build the brand and develop new prospects within existing customers
- 5+ years of experience in account management or related role, with demonstrated success and performance against quota.
- An ability to curate product offerings, develop new client relationships, create and negotiate compelling deals, and close contracts (including writing and designing terms for management approval).
- Good consensus building and communication skills, for both customer-facing and internal edX audiences, to create, promote and ‘sell’ special deals on their merits, while maintaining revenue-generating, ongoing business relationships.
- Experience working with and presenting to senior-level executive prospects in business, government, technology, or education.
- Builder mentality: edX lives within in an ever-changing competitive landscape and no two days are the same here.
- Passionate about changing the world through access to education and the world’s top courses, from the best universities and institutions globally. Sales revenue is the contribution we can make to further the mission of access to education for all.
- Experience with LMS, ERP, middleware, content, learning and training content or platform sales a huge plus.
Are you ready to be a part of reinventing education?
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.