Director / VP, Business Development - Pharma Commercial and R&D
Imagine if we could match patients with the treatments that prove the most effective for them . . .
GNS Healthcare applies causal machine learning and simulation technology to predict which treatments and care management programs will work for which patients, improving individual patient outcomes and the health of populations, while reducing the total cost of care.
Headquartered in the biotechnology and health IT center of Cambridge, MA, our technology is based on its MeasureBase™ data integration architecture and patented REFS™ (Reverse Engineering and Forward Simulation) causal inference and simulation AI engine. Health plans, bio-pharmaceutical companies, healthcare providers, foundations, academic medical centers, and self-insured employers use GNS’ cloud-based solutions to solve pressing and costly problems including those surrounding metabolic syndrome, medication adherence, end-of-life care, preterm birth, personalized care pathways in oncology, auto-immune diseases, and diabetes, new drug target discovery, patient stratification in clinical trials, and more. GNS solutions focus on reducing adverse events, slowing disease progression, and improving therapeutic effectiveness through precision matching that maximizes impact on individual patient health outcomes while reducing wasteful spending and downstream medical costs.
The ideal candidate in the Director / VP Sales & Account Management role for Pharma Commercial and R&D is responsible for developing new and cultivating existing relationships with pharmaceutical and biotech companies in the U.S to increase awareness and usage of GNS’s technology in these firms. The person in this role must be able to work effectively across GNS’s groups and at all levels of client organizations, and thrive within a fast-paced and exciting team environment. The individual hired will work across pharmaceutical and biotech companies’ commercial departments including HEOR, market access, and managed markets.
- Establish deep collaborative relationships with key client stakeholders in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors.
- Generate and qualify leads, and identify customer and product segments for Company’s analytics tools.
- Leverage insight into current and future market dynamics in healthcare to create new opportunities for the company and its products.
- Accurately forecast sales plans and consistently meet and exceed quota.
- Identify new revenue-generating opportunities through market awareness, competitive analysis, and leveraging company’s existing and planned products.
- Manage customer deployment engagement and post sales.
- Work directly with clients in onboarding new relationships, managing engagement and support, growing revenues within existing accounts through value-added services, and renewing for longer term relationships.
- Proactively monitor client relationships to ensure continued high levels of customer satisfaction and repeat business.
- Successfully lead and manage internal account management and customer support teams creating an environment that nurtures and supports industry excellence. Also coordinate with data science and project management departments.
- Support sales and business development teams in pre-sales efforts.
- Responsible for some business planning and budgeting.
- Travel regularly to meet key client stakeholders to maintain and expand existing services.
- Serve as the company’s representative at industry conferences and marketing and networking events.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
- 10+ years of experience in sales and/or account management in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
- Experience selling large-scale, analytics solutions into the commercial arms of pharmaceutical and biotech companies in the U.S, preferred
- Verifiable ability to meet and exceed annual sales quotas while achieving product mix, margin, market segment, and therapeutic area objectives
- Broad and deep network of contacts and prospective clients in relevant markets
- Stellar references from senior managers and satisfied clients
- Results-oriented with demonstrated ability to leverage internal resources, solve problems, and exercise good judgment and flexibility
- Possess a mix of analytical and creative skills to find innovative solutions for clients while providing best in class service
- Ability to effectively collaborate with various business units across the Company to ensure successful onboarding of clients
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Ability to travel frequently for sales and business development activities
Our philosophy at GNS is simple: we cannot transform healthcare with anything less than an all-star team. We are seeking smart, driven people who are experts in their field, have a track record of success and a passion for creating change. We believe that strong teams supercharge the performance of individuals, create a fun and dynamic workplace and great results for our clients and the people they serve.
We are passionate about our work and believe in the ability of our technology to change the world. Our core values of integrity, collaboration, value, diversity, and game-changing guide our behaviors with each other and our clients.
GNS offers competitive salaries, stock options, unlimited vacation, health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, 401(k), generous parental leave, tuition reimbursement, professional development, subsidized parking and gym membership, tasty food, volunteering opportunities, social gatherings, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
GNS Healthcare provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or conditions related to pregnancy, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GNS Healthcare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.