Director of Technical Account Manager at Toast
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Our mission is to create raving fans and successful restaurants, and the Director of Technical Account Management is critical to fulfilling that mission with our customers. This role is a passionate, customer-focused, cross-functionally minded leader with technical expertise in Toast Products who will manage and drive the vision, mission and charter of our growing team of Technical Account Managers (TAM).
Technical Account Managers are responsible for engaging with customers in partnership with Restaurant Success Managers (RSMs), to help facilitate the resolution of technical issues (note: Customer Care Tier 3 will be responsible for Level 1 tech issues), documenting root cause analysis to enact changes to address issues in the long-term, and to drive proactive monitoring and reporting. This role will be required to establish deep partnerships with Customer Care, Product, Engineering & Hardware leaders, and will focus heavily on scaling strategy and execution of the TAM organization.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Establish and drive expectations around productivity and proactive vs reactive time, developing the right systems, tools and processes for scaling the TAM team & customers.
- Establish, iterate, and continually improve alignment with our cross-functional partners in Customer Care, Engineering, Product, and Hardware teams on roadmaps, trends, process, change management, escalations, customer, and company goals.
- Lead the process for documenting root cause analysis (RCAs) to review and enact changes to prevent issues long-term in partnerships with Customer Care, Product, Engineering and Hardware.
- Create a culture of anticipation and execution excellence - understanding the risks, needs, requirements, and ideal customer candidates when rolling out new products, processes, and change.
- Lead the process for performing regular and timely status updates with customers and RSMs.
- Leverage cross-functional relationships within Product, Engineering, Hardware and Care to deploy monitoring and measures for proactive alerting to customer segments based on internal trends that may not be visible to or noticed by customers.
- Help drive Voice of Customer (VOC) action items, such as red flag fixes, feature enhancements, and areas of opportunity.
- Lead the oversight of proactive review of past support tickets across the TAM team, looking for trends and ensuring best use of products for customer success.
- Grow, expand, and maintain TAM knowledge in partnership with the Enablement Team, specially related to technical skill sets, such as but not limited to: APIs, 3PO, DO, Networking, MLM, PCI, and more.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 5+ years of management experience
- Ability to motivate a team of individuals in a matrix management environment
- Ability to self-manage time, multi-task and hold customers accountable to deadlines
- Demonstrates attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Ability to problem solve / troubleshoot in a timely manner
- Adaptability, strong work ethic and professionalism during challenging situations
- Strong technical acumen, analytical abilities, and understanding of the F&B / POS industry
- Incredibly data-driven, ability to analyze data, uncover insights and communicate them clearly
- Direct, honest communication style that operates with the highest level of integrity
- Good experience of MS Office, G-Suite, Slack and Salesforce
- Familiarity with networking concepts and Toast hardware
- Experience providing technology or SaaS solutions to a client base a strong plus
- Ability to quickly gain advanced product knowledge of all modules related to multi-unit customers
- Ability to quickly become proficient in complete products, technology areas and methodologies
- Travel: 5-10% travel to customer sites
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.