Director, Sales Strategy
Drift is the new way businesses buy from businesses. With its quickly evolving set of tools and playbooks, Drift is the world’s leading conversational marketing platform, trusted by top enterprise businesses like Marketo, Okta, Outreach, Ellie Mae, and over 150,000 other businesses. Sales and marketing teams rely on Drift to connect now with the customers who are ready to buy now. Based in Boston, Drift was founded by serial marketing technology entrepreneurs David Cancel and Elias Torres and is backed by leading venture capitalists including CRV, General Catalyst, and Sequoia.
About the Director, Sales Strategy role:
As we grow and scale the Drift business, we are seeking a Director of Sales Strategy who can help refine our go-to-market approach. With responsibilities spanning each of our business units, you’ll have a chance to analyze the business from top to bottom to drive continual improvements and efficiencies. The role will both influence high-level strategy and impact everyday sales tactics. You will work closely with Drift’s CRO and senior sales executives to uncover opportunities for improved efficiency and untapped growth channels.
- Work alongside the Chief Revenue Officer to design go-to-market strategy, allocate resources, assign performance targets and more
- Create and present strategic initiative opportunities to senior and executive leadership teams at Drift
- Manage and coordinate weekly sales forecast
- Conduct ongoing analysis in each business segment to uncover growth opportunities within territory assignments, lead routing, TAM focus, customer expansion, persona targeting, etc.
- Help drive the simplification and streamlining of each salesperson’s day-in-the-life
- Perform ad hoc analysis across multiple data sets, including Salesforce, product databases, Looker, and more to drive sales optimization
Skills & Experience
- 7-10 years of experience in an analytical role within a technology business. Preference for Sales Strategy, Business Intelligence/Analytics, Management Consulting, Venture Capital/Private Equity, and/or Investment Banking backgrounds
- Bachelor's degree; MBA a plus
- Superb analytical skills, technical aptitude and attention to detail
- Experience with Looker, and/or Business Objects (or similar analytical packages) a plus
- Excellent and diverse communication and project management abilities
- Extensive track record of building high-quality and complex spreadsheets, models and presentations
- Exposure to, and proficiency in, Salesforce.com required
- Experience in a hypergrowth tech environment strongly preferred
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]