Director of Sales, Incident Detection Response - East Region
Rapid7 is breaking down silos and transforming how Security, IT, and DevOps teams work together to drive secure innovation. Our analytics and automation cloud, Rapid7 Insight, provides the shared visibility, intelligence, and connected workflow these teams need to manage the vulnerabilities, threats, and performance issues that put their organizations at risk. With more than 7,100 customers across 120 countries, Rapid7 is a recognized leader in cybersecurity that has proudly earned numerous industry accolades and strong recognition for our technology and culture.
We are building a great software company and going after a $15b+ addressable market opportunity, and we are looking for a proven cybersecurity leader, accomplished sales executive, and established team of teams builder. If you are someone who thrives on working in a dynamic and constantly evolving market, spotting trends and pivoting appropriately, and being part of a disruptor, this may be the role for you!
Rapid7 launched its Incident Detection & Response (IDR) portfolio of products and services 3 years ago to disrupt the Traditional SIEM market. This segment of the market is Rapid7’s fastest growing.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of IDR Sales, who oversees our emerging market segment, you will be responsible for building and leading our Incident Detection and Response(IDR) organization for the East Coast and Canada, with responsibility for scaling out the organization. We are looking for a proven, hands-on sales leader who has enjoyed success building, mentoring and leading teams in extremely competitive sales and customer acquisition environments, and who can lead a diverse team of managers and leaders across the customer acquisition lifecycle.
A critically important element will be to partner effectively with the Threat & Exposure Management sales team, marketing, and product teams to understand the market, customer value and to effectively impact the business. Marrying their skills and experience with our unique culture, the Director has the chance to take a high performing team to the next level across multiple market segments including SMB, Mid Market and Named Accounts.
This opportunity calls for a candidate with a track record of proven leadership, team development and world-class execution at a scale of $10 - 50m per year or greater, supported by the ability to develop, attract, and retain top talent. This person must be an accomplished builder and leader of sales teams, an innovative and disruptive thinker, and skilled in leading a diverse and dynamic customer acquisition engine. In keeping with our core values, this leader has a history of inspiring teams to accomplish audacious goals, while delivering aggressive sales and customer acquisition results. Specific experiences must include:
- 7-10+ years of sales and high ARR growth experience; 5+ years of sales management and leadership experience, including building and developing management teams and cross-functional organizations.
- Superior track record of building dynamic, diverse teams across SMB, medium enterprise, and large enterprise commercial accounts. State, Local and Education experience a plus.
- Demonstrated success of an evangelical sale disruptive to a traditional industry to define a new market evolution and customer needs.
- Experience building and leading commercial, field and hybrid sales teams. High velocity inside sales experience and channel sales models a plus.
- Direct SaaS sales background, with recurring subscription revenue models.
- Establishing individual and team budgets, quotas, activity metrics, and forecasts to support company business objectives.
- Proven ability to position multiple product and technology solutions to solve business problems. Experience in the Security, Cloud, or IT ecosystem beneficial.
- History of coaching and developing employees & leading through change.
- Referenceable experience working collaboratively in matrix environments where cross-functional teamwork is key to the role.