Director of Sales, Acquisition at CarGurus
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
The Director of Sales, Acquisition is responsible for leading and coaching a 70-person team focused on direct, new acquisition sales. This team carries the sale from initial engagement through contract & close, primarily from an outbound sales effort. The Director will be responsible for setting the strategic direction of the group and developing tactics to ensure efficient and effective implementation. The successful candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced sales environment with relatively short sales cycles and high-growth expectations. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual that wants to take an already high-performing sales teams and develop it into a mature, sophisticated sales operation.What You'll Do:
- Own and execute against all acquisition sales targets
- Lead a team of 65+ inside sales and SDR reps reporting up through 5 managers
- Run through metrics: both for reporting business results and directing coaching and training efforts
- Implement optimal organization, process, and tactics to maximize close rates and revenue from each salesperson’s book of business
- Effectively communicate, formally and informally, up and down the organization
- Efficiently balance all aspects of sales management administration (forecasting, territory reviews, etc.)
- Coordinate a repeatable daily/weekly/monthly management and selling cadence
- Focus on the ongoing career development of direct reports to help get them ready for larger challenges and future responsibilities
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to communicate the needs of our customers and product requirements
- Drive the creation of the strategic annual sales plan
- Successfully hire, on-board, and coach new team members
- BA/BS and/or Graduate degree - MBA is a plus.
- 5+ years of sales management experience in complex environments
- Track record of success and achievement in Sales and other pursuits
- Experience selling software-as-a-service or other internet/technology subscriptions a strong plus
- Exceptional in understanding how to motivate an inside sales team and achieve a consistent level of intensity and focus, every single day
- Effective user of technology tools, including CRM, to improve sales performance
- Comfortable with rolling out and reinforcing both sales process and sales methodology across the team
- Ambitious sales leader committed to the success of his/her team
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI, Dublin, IE, and London, UK. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.