Director Restaurant Success
Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We’re growing fast and have a customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs across the country. We work hard and care about our customers’ success and we have a lot of fun doing it. As a startup, we move fast and have a lot of opportunity for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us! You will be helping Toast to grow our business across the US and internationally.
The Director of Restaurant Success will be responsible for leading the operations of the Restaurant Success team and providing world class service to our top SMB clients post sale. The ideal candidate will have superior people management skills and be able to navigate the cross functional landscape in working closely with Sales, Marketing and Services, Business Intelligence and Product. This will role will also focus on garnering trust from our Customers as well as being their advocate both internally and externally. This role will develop and utilize strategy using data/metrics to guide revenue growth and product adoption
- Manage a team of 5 Managers of Restaurant Success, each of whom have teams of 4-10 RSMs to deliver on account management KPIs and drive success for our customers post go-live across the Toast product suite.
- Build and implement innovative approaches to deliver exceptional account management in a field environment.
- Hit monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue (upsell) goals, garner customer happiness, and support product adoption goals for specified account portfolios managed by your team.
- Constantly identify new and improved ways to deliver and delight at scale across our customer suite.
- Compose and oversee implementation of playbooks that use data and tools to ensure individual RSM success.
- Act as the high-level point of escalation for restaurant customer concerns within your portfolio.
- Uncover and create opportunities to drive customer growth (revenue, expansion, efficiency, etc) throughout your RSMs’ portfolios through relationships with sales or deeper consultative activities.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other departments to drive the highest levels of customer success throughout the organization and to our customers.
- Partner with Customer Marketing to help design and execute restaurant-specific marketing programs.
- Act as an advocate for restaurant customers, assisting your Managers and RSMs in resolving cross-functional issues.
- Manage the use of Salesforce.com and all related applications.
- Work with IT and BI teams to implement and improve reports, system rules & workflows, dashboards, automated emails, surveys, and more.
- Help drive an evolving company-wide culture of customer centricity.
- 10+ years in customer or sales functions
- 7+ years experience successfully leading & managing teams, ideally of 10+ staff
- Must have worked for a high growth technology company
- Restaurant experience a significant plus
- Minimum four-year college degree from an accredited institution
- Extensive experience leading large cross-functional initiatives
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills
- Process-oriented and playbook-driven
- Love for developing people in a transition environment
- Enthusiastic about technology with demonstrated technical aptitude; experience at a technology company or relevant consultancy is ideal
- Strong project management skills and an ability to multitask without getting frazzled
- Love for teamwork and commitment to building a world-class, enterprise-class global customer experience together
- Creative, analytical and execution-oriented
- Ability to effectively operate both strategically and tactically
- Value and thrive in an environment of learning and interacting with high-capability, high-energy people