Director, Regional Mid Market Sales
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
The Regional MM Director is responsible leading a growing team of Account Executives to meet and exceed their outlined sales objectives for the Regional Mid Market team. In this role the Regional MM Director is expected to hire and train personnel and provide ongoing coaching and support. This includes managing a sales process, sales activity & pipeline and insuring Sales Call Plans are completed for sales engagements.
About this roll*:
- Train and maintain Sales Account Executives employees for Regional Mid Market (11 – 35 locations)
- Manage a team to meet and exceed their individual assigned sales booking and revenue quotas
- Ensure Sales Account Executives each meet sales activity objectives and moves prospects through sales pipeline
- Responsible for making sure the sales pipeline data is current and reflects the proper number of accounts to meet sales objectives
- Negotiate sales contracts including working with Toast legal counsel
- Ensures CRM sales reporting is accurate and timely
- Ensures that team understands marketing strategies and thoroughly communicates product and feature information
- Provide ongoing coaching and sales support for assigned team
- Sharing and implementation of best practices with members of sales organization
- Perform annual performance reviews for assigned team
- Develop Sales Call Plans as a best practice for customer meetings and Strategic Account Plans for more complex opportunities
- Cultivate relationships with business partner counterparts who sell complementary products serving the restaurant industry to define and execute sales strategies & tactics that increase new revenue
- Involved in all phases of the sales lifecycle including: identifying and developing leads; meeting with clients; developing value propositions; financial deal structuring; to contract negotiation and closing
- Share industry, deal, and sales “best practice” knowledge with other members of the sales team
- Understand the competitive landscape (strengths, weaknesses, benefits) and determine how to position Toast to win
- Interview and hire candidates
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Combination of SaaS, Restaurant Industry Technology and working with Enterprise Account experience is required
- 8+ years of relevant successful technology or professional services sales leadership experience at the C-level is required
- 2+ years of management experience
- Proven sales skills in complex deal development, financial structuring, negotiations and closing with both new and existing clients
- Comfortable with process driven sales, reporting and tracking
- Bachelor Degree, Strong Written and Presentation based communication skills are required
*Bread puns encouraged but not required