Director, North American Channel Sales at Rapid7
Director, North American Channel Sales
Rapid7 is helping organizations around the globe advance securely. Our technology, services, and community-focused research simplify complexity for security teams, helping them reduce vulnerabilities, monitor for malicious behavior, investigate and shut down attacks, and automate routine tasks. With more than 7,400 customers across 120 countries, Rapid7 is a recognized leader in cybersecurity that has proudly earned numerous industry accolades and strong recognition for our technology and culture. Learn more at www.rapid7.com.
We are building a great, disruptive software company and going after a $15b+ addressable market opportunity, and we are looking for a proven leader, accomplished sales executive and proven team of teams builder. Partners are a key element to our next phase of growth. The Rapid7 Partnering with Accountability, Consistency, and Transparency (PACT) program is designed to strengthen relationships with partners who are prepared to meet customer needs in a changing IT and security landscape.
Reporting directly to the SVP North American Growth, you will be responsible for continuing to evolve and execute all aspects of our partner sales strategy in North America. As a proven Channel Sales leader, you will champion the growth of our Partner PACT Program, leading a team to recruit and manage a channel of resellers, MSSP’s, and other channel partners across North America. You will also be responsible for the commercial sales relationships with Rapid7’s technical alliance partners, distributors and other channel ecosystem partners contributing to our growth. Your team will work closely with our SVP of Corporate Development and Technical Alliances to align sales and go-to-market efforts with our product, technical and corporate development efforts. Building the program will require cross-functional collaboration to lead the development of enablement and certification programs for select partners to deliver Rapid7 solution value and deployment services.
The opportunity calls for a candidate with a track record of proven leadership, team
development and world-class execution at a scale of over $30M/year supported by the ability to develop, attract, and retain top talent. This person must be an accomplished builder and leader of sales teams, able to build relationships across levels with new and existing partners to define and execute opportunities for mutual business growth. In keeping with our core values this leader has a history of inspiring teams to accomplish audacious goals, while delivering on aggressive sales targets. Specific experience must include:
● 7+ years of developing and leading a national channel sales team as well as 7-10+ years experience as a direct or indirect seller.
● A proven history of successfully developing and managing channel partner programs in the software industry, with SaaS software background a plus.
● Operational experience in managing contracts, channel marketing, compensation models and incentive programs associated with successful delivery of indirect sales through a partner sell-thru model.
● Strong business management with the ability to establish team budgets, quotas, activity metrics and forecasts to deliver monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals in each partner territory.
● Sales leadership experience, including building and developing teams and a referenceable track record of working collaboratively in matrix environments where cross-functional teamwork is key to the role.
● Strong communication and presentation skills to deliver Rapid7 solution value messaging at events, trade shows and partner business reviews.
● Experience in the Security, Cloud, or IT ecosystem beneficial