Director of Markets (Data Scientist)
We are looking for an experienced banking professional to lead our banking practice as the Director of Markets and Trading. In this newly created role, you will be collaborating with our Marketing, Sales, Client Facing Data Science (CFDS) Team and Product Team to deepen and expand DataRobot's partnerships in Markets, for both the buy-side and the sell-side, through effective usage of DataRobot Machine Learning Platform. This position is opened for New York or Boston and requires 50% travel.
- Develop revenue target for the industry and drive strategy to execute the revenue goal.
- Interact with the customers in markets to evangelize automated machine learning.
- Collaborate with the CFDS team to provide trusted advisory to the markets clients
- Work as a catalyst to assist our Sales and CFDS team in pre-sales and product induction effort.
- Work with the Product Team to advocate critical industry requirements and prioritize those in the product roadmap.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team to create various educational and awareness content, design events (e.g. workshops, webinar) and manage marketing/conference budget to effectively educate customers and socialize the product in markets. Work on Sales Enablement process and documents (eg banking playbook).
- Build partnership with different banking organizations (eg: American Bankers Association), co-present/co-write with well known industry experts, lead DataRobot’s active participation in the banking fraternities.
- 5+ years of continuously progressing experience working on the buy or sell side
- Solved many problems, worked with many people in banks. Sold to banks.
- Genuine willingness and temperament in terms of working for a high energy and rapidly growing start-up.
- Deep understanding of trading functions. Ability to navigate within highly complex banking organizations.
- Industry eminence: solid industry contacts and meaningful histories with many banking professionals.
- Willingness and ability to speak in the industry conferences, writing in the industry publications, independent and persuasive communication with an excellent ability to hold dialogues without creating a conflicts.
- Fluency with scripting (Python/R)
- Prior experience with a variety of machine learning platforms