Director, IDR Sales West at Rapid7
Rapid7 (NADSQ: RPD) is helping organizations around the globe advance securely. Our technology, services, and community-focused research simplify complexity for security teams, helping them reduce vulnerabilities, monitor for malicious behavior, investigate and shut down attacks, and automate routine tasks. With more than 9000 customers across 120+ countries, Rapid7 is a recognized leader in cybersecurity that has proudly earned numerous industry accolades and strong recognition for our technology and culture. Learn more at www.rapid7.com.
We are looking for a proven cybersecurity leader, accomplished sales executive, and established builder of high performing teams as we target a $15b+ addressable market opportunity. If you are someone who thrives working in a dynamic and constantly evolving market, spotting trends and pivoting appropriately, and being part of a disruptor, this may be the role for you! Rapid7 launched its Incident Detection & Response (IDR) portfolio of products and services 3 years ago to disrupt the Traditional SIEM market. This segment of the market is Rapid7’s fastest-growing.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of IDR Sales, you will be responsible for building and leading our Incident Detection and Response(IDR) organization for the West Coast We are looking for a proven, hands-on sales leader who has enjoyed success building, mentoring and leading teams in extremely competitive sales and customer acquisition environments. You will lead a diverse team of managers and leaders across the customer acquisition lifecycle.
A critically important element will be to partner effectively with the Threat & Exposure Management sales team, marketing, and product teams to understand the market, customer value and to effectively impact the business.
This opportunity calls for a candidate with a track record of proven leadership, team development and world-class execution at a scale of $10 - 50m per year or greater, supported by the ability to develop, attract, and retain top talent. This person must be an accomplished builder and leader of sales teams, an innovative and disruptive thinker, and skilled in leading a diverse and dynamic customer acquisition engine. In keeping with our core values, this leader has a history of inspiring teams to accomplish audacious goals, while delivering aggressive sales and customer acquisition results.
● 7-10+ years of sales and high ARR growth experience; 5+ years of sales management and leadership experience, including building and developing management teams and cross-functional organizations.
● Superior track record of building dynamic, diverse teams across SMB, medium enterprise, and large enterprise commercial accounts. State, Local and Education experience a plus.
● Demonstrated success of an evangelical sale disruptive to a traditional industry to define a new market evolution and customer needs.
● Experience building and leading commercial, field and hybrid sales teams. High velocity inside sales experience and channel sales models a plus.
● Direct SaaS sales background, with recurring subscription revenue models.
● Establishing individual and team budgets, quotas, activity metrics, and forecasts to support company business objectives.
● Proven ability to position multiple product and technology solutions to solve business problems. Experience in the Security, Cloud, or IT ecosystem beneficial.
● History of coaching and developing employees & leading through change.
● Referenceable experience working collaboratively in matrix environments where cross-functional teamwork is key to the role.