Director of Government Sales (Remote) at Soofa
We are seeking an experienced sales and government affairs manager to lead Soofa's City Growth team to bring Soofa Signs to every city in the United States. The Sales Manager, City Growth will be responsible for defining and executing the strategy for our municipal and CRE business segments and delivering clear revenue targets while reporting to Soofa's VP of Sales. This is a senior role that requires a strong track record of measurable sales growth and government affairs.
Candidates from underrepresented communities are especially encouraged to apply. Remote applicants (U.S.-based only) welcome.
Soofa is for people with a shared stake in a special place. Join us!
- Hire, train, and lead Soofa's City Growth team, including Municipal and Corporate Real Estate Growth Managers
- Oversee the City Growth pipeline from cold outreach to intro meetings, demos, Soofa Sign installation, and renewals
- Assist sales reps with pitches and act as escalation point of contact for all deals
- Report weekly City Growth performance metrics and drivers to Soofa leadership team
- Connect with a variety of stakeholders across diverse verticals
- Identify strategic opportunities for expansion in Soofa's existing markets while rapidly iterating on profitable new verticals nationwide
- Work alongside Soofa's media sales team to increase advertising opportunities and revenue
- Build and execute playbooks to maximize value with our site partners
- Track and plan for contract renewals, reporting, and other account management needs to ensure client delight
- Maintain a deep understanding of Soofa's product features and roadmap to recommend new products or improvements to customers
- 3-5 years' experience hiring, coaching, and mentoring a team of sales and account managers
- 5-7 years' experience working with state and local government stakeholders
- Proven ability to develop complex partner and territory plans and strategies
- Experience using a CRM
- Contract negotiation & RFP experience
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills; you love public speaking
- Strong interpersonal skills and track record of building collaborative relationships
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- A patient and empathetic manager
Bonus Points For
- Experience working with commerical real estate developers
- Experience in the IoT/smart cities space
- Startup or marketplace experience
- Experience working in the municipality or real estate space in project management, finance, asset management, or trends forecasting
- Past experience in urban design, architecture, or planning and zoning
- Proficiency in Hubspot
Perks of Working with Soofa
- Best of both worlds: Soofa's Cambridge HQ is open, safe, and compliant for anyone who wants to use it; or, work from anywhere
- Generous healthcare, dental, and parental leave packages
- Free short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- Flexible hours and unlimited PTO
- Dog-friendly office
- Virtual team events
- Team activities like ski trips, camping, Whiskey Wednesdays, etc.
- Company culture focused on talent development and caring personally
Soofa is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Soofa is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.
Note: this is the same opportunity as Director of City Growth. No need to apply for both!