Director of Field Sales - West
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
What You’ll Do:
- Leading and driving overall sales strategy to develop and grow business within our largest Franchise accounts.
- Designing and building a winning sales team through hiring and inspiring team members, while also training and developing team members on sales process;
- Coaching direct reports regarding key account strategies to drive closure and improve win rates;
- Tracking and analyzing sales activities to understand how to capitalize on market trends; and
- Accurately forecasting, tracking and reporting revenue.
- Executing sales campaigns to net new business - driving strategies to close large strategic accounts and wins;
- Maintaining a personal presence and be visible with the sales team through customer engagements;
- Monitoring and tracking sales team and individual performances, strengths and weakness, and clearly communicating evaluation and executing developmental steps when necessary;
Who You Are:
- Innovative and results-oriented sales leader with 5-8 years of sales experience as an individual contributor and 2+ years in sales leadership/management.
- Automotive and/or software sales experience is a plus;
- A track record of success in hiring and building elite sales team
- Proven experience developing teams that consistently hit targets in a high-growth environment;
- Customer focus and an excellent knowledge of tried sales processes and solution-selling strategies - driven by analytical and metrics through all stages of the sales cycle;
- Demonstrated success in building strategic customer relationships at the executive level
- A highly motivated, competitive and passionate team-player mentality, driven to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment;
- Ability to provide accurate forecasting and pipeline guidance;
- Exceptional communication and consultative skills to employ solutions-based selling;
- Polished communications with strong presentation skills; and
- A bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting or other related field.
- Consultative sales skills with exceptional closing experience
- CRM (Salesforce.com) experience
- Strong business acumen
- Create a culture of sales success and lead by example.
- Hire, develop, and manage a sales team that may be across geographic locations
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Work closely across departments (such as Product, Marketing, and Sales Operations) to ensure optimal delivery to our customers
- Leverage strong communication skills
- Support contract negotiations
Attend events as appropriate
- 35% travel, domestic
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.