Director of Commercial Sales
Smartsheet is seeking an experienced sales leader to oversee a team of sales managers as a Director of Commercial Sales. The ideal candidate will scale, operate and continuously improve our commercial sales business through high performing teams, strategies and execution. This leadership role is based in Smartsheet’s office in Boston, MA and reports directly to the Regional VP of Commercial Sales.
- Recruit, hire, coach, and develop sales talent across 40+ individual contributors and 5+ managers
- Ensure the team exceeds sales and operational targets on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Engage directly on strategic sales opportunities
- Provide day-to-day leadership of inside sales team and ensure proper application of sales methodology and departmental standards
- Develop, execute, evaluate and refine aspects of sales strategy, process, and workflow to deliver maximum customer engagement, bookings and revenue growth
- Monitor performance of sales representatives and teams for quota attainment, adherence to policies, and development of action plans, as needed. Develop and deliver business operational reviews summarizing key performance drivers and critical insight to increase future sales opportunities and required strategies and tactics.
- Create a high-performing, energized, and supportive culture, emphasizing reward and recognition
- Minimum of 7+ years of sales management experience, preferably in a multi-contact, high volume inbound and outbound environment
- +2 years experience managing and developing a team of managers
- B2B and SaaS experience is required
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience hiring, developing, and managing sales representatives and managers
- Highly proficient with SFDC and other sales- and customer-related systems
- Excellent presentation skills, both verbal and written Trained and practiced in the art of consultative, needs-benefits selling; proficiency with “Challenger Sale” methodology preferred
- Skilled in solution packaging, proposal design, and contract negotiations
- Experience in navigating enterprise level contracts including security assessments and legal review
- Experience managing complex, enterprise customer sales cycles with implementation and change management requirements
- Ability to be creative, flexible, and objective in a highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Working knowledge of SaaS based collaboration products and Salesforce.com
- BS/BA degree required; advanced degree preferred
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
How We’re Different:
Smartsheet is the best way to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, enabling teams to move from idea to impact – fast.
Over 76,000 brands, and millions of information workers, trust Smartsheet to help them accelerate business execution and address the volume and velocity of today’s collaborative work. Named to the Forbes “Cloud 100” list of the best private companies in cloud computing, and by Gartner as a “Cool Vendor”, Smartsheet is used by over 96 of the Fortune 100 and maintains rich data integrations with mission-critical applications from Microsoft, Google, Salesforce, Atlassian, and many others.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.