Director of Channel Sales, NA
Director of Channel Sales, North America
As the Director of Channel Sales, North America, you will be based in our Cambridge office and play a critical role in fueling the growth of the Channel Sales program (including the Agency Partner program) across North America, and globally. This is a highly visible role within our Sales organization that will be focused on innovation, team motivation, and performance excellence.
In this role, you will work directly with our Global Chief Sales Officer and be responsible for managing and growing the current Agency Partner (AP) program. You will also define the vision, strategy and roadmap for the next generation of our partner business including expanding into new channels and markets. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced sales leader to join a fast-growth company and help build a multi-product channel business as we continue to evolve into a unified front office platform company. You will also implement our world class sales methodology within your team as well as coach and develop your sales managers to help make sure their teams achieve their monthly revenue and growth goals. Finally, you will work closely with the executive management team, marketing team, product team, sales training team and recruiting team on helping drive regional and global company initiatives and deliver overall business success.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced sales leader to join a fast-growth company, and help build a business that enables millions of SMBs to grow better and our agency partners to be successful. To achieve this goal, you will need to grow our partner program with world-class talent. In this role, you will also implement our world class sales methodology within your team and coach and develop your sales managers to help make sure their teams achieve their monthly revenue and growth goals.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Lead the Agency Partner Sales program toward continued success in both Partner acquisition and channel sales
- Architect the future of our North America business by helping develop and implement a strategic approach to building a multi-product channel business
- Define and execute the plan to get new partners and new customers across North America
- Collaborate with our partners to find growth opportunities in each of their local markets, enabling them to scale and grow their businesses, and ensuring our culture among our Partners is maintained
- Work collaboratively with other Sales leaders and cross-functionally with other leaders to make sure alignment across businesses that will lead to AP’s success
- Inspire and support sales managers in the AP business to help their teams meet monthly goals
- Coach sales managers on how to train their teams to enable partners to sell inbound marketing and sales services
- Attract and grow the best sales talent on the planet through effective recruiting, selecting and training methods
- Be the internal and external voice of Agency Partnerships in North America through content generation, speaking engagements, etc.
- Act as a HubSpot Culture Code leader and role model to make sure a healthy culture exists on site and to encourage the team to continuously define itself against its goals
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge of Inbound Marketing and HubSpot
- Travel (5-10% of time) to visit partners in North America and off-site visits - any travel asks will always be mindful of individuals’ personal or domestic commitments
We are looking for people who have:
- Demonstrated experience in a sales management role, ideally in a global, scaling tech company. SaaS experience is also valuable but not a requirement.
- Previous sales experience working in a partner, indirect, channel environment. Marketing agency experience is valuable but not a requirement.
- A proven ability to think strategically and collaborate with leadership to define and implement successful sales programs
- An entrepreneurial and curious spirit with initiative and drive to pursue new ideas
- A bias to action
- Demonstrated experience owning and leading projects to successful outcomes
- Strong track record of using data to inform decision making
- Successful track record of managing managers and the associated organization under them
- Strong coaching and people management skills - ability to motivate, guide and lead a team toward successful outcomes while maintaining high employee morale
- Undergraduate degree required; graduate degree is additionally valuable
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. HubSpot is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
HubSpot helps millions of organizations grow better, and we’d love to grow better with you. Our business builds the software and systems that power the world’s small to medium-sized businesses. Our company culture builds connections, careers, and employee growth. How? By creating a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy, and transparency. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 4M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every HubSpotter globally who has helped build our remarkable culture, HubSpot has been named a top workplace by Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, and more.
HubSpot was founded in 2006. We’re headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and we have offices in Dublin (Ireland), Sydney (Australia), New Hampshire, Singapore, Tokyo (Japan), Berlin (Germany), and Bogotá (Colombia).
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Recruiting Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.