Director, Business Development at Examity
Examity is the world leader in online proctoring. Founded in 2013, we work with colleges, employers, and assessment providers to protect online test integrity. Since 2013, the market for online proctoring has only increased – today, we maintain five global locations, support over 500 clients, and proctor nearly 3 million exam sessions per year.
Being one of the fastest-growing Edtech companies in the United States starts with having the best team. Our employees are the heartbeat and backbone of everything we do. Together, we're able to build a better testing experience that meets candidates where they are. If you share our passion for providing the most innovative, versatile, and secure online proctoring in the industry, then we would love to talk to you.
The Director, Business Development is a trusted representative for Examity out in the assessment market, developing excellent relationships, contributing to the industry with online proctoring expertise, and driving new business. This position will report to Examity’s Vice President, Professional Business Development, and will be responsible for growing a market segment. Additionally, this person will own existing client relationships, working across the organization on behalf of our customers to ensure excellent service.
- Drive new busines and grow revenue through new client acquisition.
- Develop a strategy for market ownership.
- Retain and grow your existing client base, working across the organization to ensure we are delivering excellence, in addition to serving as an escalation point as needed.
- Attend conferences and contribute market expertise.
- Translate customer and industry need to the product organization based upon the needs of your clients’ institutions.
- 5+ years of assessment market experience, serving or working for organizations with testing programs.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Enterprise sales experience and/or experience managing assessment programs in a market-facing role.
- An excellent communicator. Whether in conversation or writing, you deliver a clear and consistent message.
- Commitment to setting clear expectations and building relationships for success.
- Eagerness to partner with all functional areas for a client’s success.
- Track record of industry involvement including, but not limited to, volunteering for industry conferences and membership organizations.
- Lifelong learner, continually growing in your understanding of our evolving market and customer solutions.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas.
Examity offers a competitive salary, 401(k), and a comprehensive benefits package, providing full coverage for health and dental premiums for both individuals and families. As one of the fastest-growing companies in Massachusetts, you will be challenged to build your skills and take on increasing responsibility. Our office environment is open, collaborative, fast-paced and high energy. Examity’s urban office location in Newton, MA provides access to local shopping and restaurants. Employees enjoy Examity’s free snacks and drinks, a flexible work schedule, and frequent group outings to skyboxes for Celtics, Red Sox and summer concerts.
You can't spell Examity without "team." Which is why we built our business around the most collaborative and passionate people in the industry. We're always looking to grow our family, so if you're interested in joining us, please don't hesitate to reach out. We would love to hear from you! Examity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thrive because of the diversity of our employees. At Examity, people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives are always welcome. We foster an environment of mutual respect and do not tolerate any discrimination. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.