Director of Business Development, Photopolymers at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs announced the acquisition of Spectra Group Photopolymers LLC in November of 2019. Spectra has been Formlabs’ primary photopolymer supplier since Formlabs came to market in 2012 and a leader in photochemistry for 20 years.
We are looking for an entrepreneur to build the business development function at Spectra. To succeed you’ll need to:
- Develop a deep understanding of Spectra’s material development capabilities and our library of existing materials
- Create and execute a sales strategy that includes setting and meeting ambitious targets
- Work with Formlabs’ marketing team to develop the campaigns and collateral you need to attract leads and close sales
In addition, we have recently invested over a million dollars into a clean room facility for dental and medical materials development. This means that experience with biocompatible materials is a plus.
You will begin as an individual contributor and will have the opportunity to hire and lead a team as you grow Spectra’s revenue and sales pipeline. You’ll report to Formlabs’ Global Head of Business Development and work closely with the President of Spectra.
- Grow Spectra’s revenue by selling our materials and capabilities
- Grow Spectra’s sales pipeline through targeted outbound and marketing initiatives
- Build a best-in-class business development function by establishing effective processes and systems
- Collaborate with the technical team at Spectra and commercial teams at Formlabs to increase the speed and scale of your impact
- Are an experienced salesperson or business developer who is excited by the opportunity to start as a team of one and grow from there
- Have a background in chemicals, materials, or a related field
- Conceive and build organizations, teams, or initiatives from scratch
- Effectively coordinate people and resources not directly under your control
- Cultivate a broad and deep personal network of customers in your industry
- Enjoy traveling frequently to speak with customers and partners. Once business travel has fully resumed you should expect to travel 30 to 50% of the time.
- Experience with additive manufacturing
- Experience as a chemist, chemical engineer, materials scientist or similar
- Experience with medical, dental, or biocompatible products
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.