Director, Agency Partnerships
Greater Boston Area
Klaviyo is looking for a Director to lead our growing Agency Partnerships program and team. Our marketing agency and system integrator partners are trusted advisors to high growth brands of all sizes and around the world. In turn, these partners rely on Klaviyo to help them deliver exceptional experiences to these brands--whether through direct referrals of these brands to Klaviyo or through close collaboration with Klaviyo on the brands’ use of Klaviyo software.
Klaviyo has created (1) a program for Agency partners intended to ensure that there is value being delivered back to partners and (2) a team of Account Managers and others focused on deepening relationships with partners. The Director, Agency will report to the VP, Global Partnerships and oversee the Agency program refining it as needed over time and manage a growing relationship management team. The team is primarily based in Boston, but will have team members in EMEA in 2020.
We’re looking for a driven, passionate leader to be an advocate for our partners--and our shared customers--across the company. You should have experience building meaningful partnerships, ideally with (or at) marketing agencies/systems integrators. You’ll be responsible for leading, coaching and recruiting for a growing team and working closely with other leaders on Klaviyo’s Global Partnerships team (including Technology and Platform partners) to build a robust and integrated ecosystem strategy. We have an awesome opportunity to build a once in a generation company in Boston. We’re looking for someone who recognizes that and is excited and driven by the chance to play a leading role in that story.
- Serve as a leading advocate for agency partners with audiences inside Klaviyo and beyond.
- Lead, mentor and coach a growing team of relationship managers responsible for building and deepening Klaviyo’s agency partner relationships.
- Model, plan, forecast and own the agency team hiring pipeline.
- Work with the VP, Global Partnerships to develop career pathing and professional development plans for members of the team.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the Global Partnerships team to develop and execute a robust and integrated ecosystem strategy that includes agency, technology, and platform partners on behalf of Klaviyo.
- Work quickly to understand Klaviyo’s current Agency Program and key Agency relationships, including commercial and operational processes.
- Develop metrics and KPIs in order to assess the effectiveness of the Agency Program at achieving Klaviyo’s overall business objectives.
- Collaborate with colleagues, including Sales Operations and Finance, to develop and improve reporting and tracking processes related to the Agency Program, including revenue forecasting.
- Identify opportunities to modify and improve the Program and/or to adjust our relationship management approach.
- Collaborate with Klaviyo colleagues, including Marketing and Sales, to generate new ideas for engaging agency partners to help accomplish Klaviyo’s business objectives and to deliver value back to these partners.
- Serve as strategy mentor for relationship management team responsible for expanding existing agency relationships or cultivating new ones.
- Act as business owner for the agency business at Klaviyo--informing the leadership team of opportunities and challenges as appropriate and working across Klaviyo team as needed to meet objectives.
Qualifications and Skills
- You are commercially driven and have a proven track record of meeting stretching targets.
- You have experience hiring, leading and scaling a channel, partnerships, or business development team. The team is 8 today and growing to 10-12 in 2020.
- You have experience working with--or at--a digital marketing agency or systems integrator in a partnerships or business development role.
- You are passionate and obsessive about every detail of the partner experience including how we talk to and communicate with partners, how we deliver value to our partners, and how partners are helping Klaviyo achieve its business objectives.
- You consistently use metrics and data to inform your recommendations and to support your assessment of a business.
- You are comfortable getting into the weeds on process and operational issues that underlie how a business functions so that you can then make recommendations on how to improve them.
- You are able to deliver an amazing amount of impactful work with standards most would consider unreasonably high.
- You are willing to travel occasionally (< 20%) to support the relationship management team or represent Klaviyo externally.
Read Full Job Description