Director of Accounts, Large Districts at Panorama Education
Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. With research-backed surveys and an industry-leading technology platform, Panorama helps school systems gather important stakeholder feedback and act on data to improve student outcomes. Today, we support more than 10 million students in 17,000 schools across 49 states, including those in the states of Iowa, Hawaii, and the districts of New York City, Dallas, Seattle, San Francisco, and more.
Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama also collects data that is key to each child’s success in school and life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, sense of belonging, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, Uncork, and others.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Manager to lead and coach Account Directors, supporting our large district and state partners with best-in-class account management. This is a management role; you will manage and coach team members to help renew and drive revenue growth for the company. We’re looking for someone who not only excels at coaching both veteran and new ADs but is also a strategic thinker who can assume responsibility for the renewal and expansion strategy for the team that supports our large school districts and state partners with all of Panorama’s products and services. This role will report directly to the Head of Account Management.
Team leadership and coaching:
- Ensure that our Account Directors are providing best-in-class account management by deeply understanding clients’ needs, building wide and deep relationships within districts, developing strategic account plans, and educating clients about all of Panorama’s current and future products
- Coach and support each Account Director on your team, including regular one-on-ones; giving specific, targeted, and timely feedback; identifying opportunities for growth and development; supporting hiring, onboarding, and ongoing training for team members; tracking performance metrics at the team and individual levels
- Support Account Directors with virtual and on-site client meetings, training, and executive-level presentations
- Manage renewal, expansion, and client health metrics for the team overall and for Account Directors individually
Strategic Account Management:
- Ensure that every client receives high-quality, expert account management and consultation from Panorama through the building of best practices for strong relationship development and management, strategic account planning, and connecting clients to one another
- Lead on Panorama’s excellent renewal rate by employing best practices and evolving processes for renewal management
- Lead on helping to increase Panorama’s footprint with existing clients, coaching and setting strategy for discovering and maturing opportunities to grow Panorama’s business.
- Review account plans and monitor overall account health across the team and the book of business for Account Directors
- Develop and maintain strong C-level relationships with clients as appropriate
- Build and improve processes with teams across Outreach, Marketing, Research, and Client Success functions to add value and strengthen the health of clients
- Work closely with our Outreach and Marketing teams to achieve renewal and expansion goals, along with creating proposals for compelling opportunities including RFPs and helping to develop collateral for marketing to our client base
- Collaborate with the Customer Success Manager Team Leads of Large Districts, Team Lead for Districts & Schools, and Head of Account Management
What We're Looking For:
- Experience coaching and leading a team towards established operational goals such as revenue retention, revenue growth, and/or client satisfaction
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, listen, negotiate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of education organizations, including State administrators and superintendents (via phone, email, and in-person)
- Strategic thinker with experience developing processes to support high-performing teams
- Demonstrated flexibility with shifting priorities and able to balance the existence of clear systems and processes with the need to modify existing processes in the service of continuous improvement and the changing demands of a rapidly growing business.
- Demonstrated passion for improving education and for helping clients use Panorama successfully to improve their schools and classrooms
- Commitment to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team culture in service of employee and customer satisfaction and retention
- Preferred: 5+ years experience in account management
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.