Director, Account Management
Everbridge seeks a Director, Account Management. The chosen candidate will perform all necessary functions to effectively manage and lead a team of Senior Account Managers who are responsible for the retention and growth of Everbridge’s Strategic customers. As a Director, you will help to evolve the department's overall strategy to deliver sustainable high performance.
Success is measured by reaching 96+% retention rates and through clients' overall revenue growth within the account base. The successful candidate will have demonstrated exceptional performance in sales, account management, and team management and leadership, preferably in a SaaS environment that has successfully served a complex enterprise client base.
About the Team
- Responsibilities of the team include the renewal of existing client contracts and incremental account revenue growth. The Everbridge Account Management team is an extremely collaborative, results driven, high-performing sales team, which is 100% responsible for the retention, and add-on growth of Everbridge’s customer relationships.
- Staff, train, and develop a team of Senior Account Managers with significant revenue targets in the form of client retention and account growth
- Design and execute a strategy to up-sell into the base and refer new application opportunities to the Account Executive team
- Develop and implement a strategy to increase and sustain retention, driving the team to maintain a keen understanding of the competitive landscape and reinforce the Everbridge differentiators
- Implement retention and growth campaigns/programs and training that continually improve Account Managers’ ability to solution sell, while maintaining a focus on enhancing our customers’ adoption and usage of Everbridge solutions
- Cultivate an active and collaborative culture between direct reports and other teams within the business, including a close partnership with the Sales team
- Identify and implement ways to improve client experience and increase loyalty
- Serve as the executive sponsor in key sales opportunities and aid Account Managers in proving the value of Everbridge solutions, negotiating contracts and closing transactions
- Lead and participate in regular account and territory planning meetings with Account Managers in order to achieve territory revenue goals
- Conduct weekly focus session to review sales reps pipeline/forecasts
- Continually monitor the sales activities of direct reports and provide guidance and direction as needed to achieve (and exceed) daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly growth and retention quotas
- Pro-actively communicate relevant information to senior leadership to help them understand risks and opportunities inclusive of providing accurate revenue forecasts to the business
- Consistently meet or exceed quota and non-quota based performance objectives
- Coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals
- Maintain expertise on company's products/services and our competitors’ products/services
- ~5 years of proven success managing a Sales or Account Management team within a SaaS base environment driving retention and growth or new business month over month and 7+ years or equivalent sales experience within a software sales role
- Proven success track of training, mentoring, and hiring top sales or account management professionals to ensure quota attainment and customer experience objectives
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Marketing, Business, Communications or related field preferred. Strong hunting, prospecting, relationship building, and retention skills.
- Experience implementing programs, campaigns, or processes intended to drive scalable outreach to large number of customers at once. Must have a verifiable history of meeting or exceeding sales quotas
- Strong work ethic and proven ability to perform under pressure. Must be fluent in English and have excellent verbal and written interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify and sell complex deals to multiple buyers within an organization
- Background or training in a consultative/Solution Sales environment
- Strong blueprinting, prospecting, and cold calling skills
- Ability to manage a high volume of opportunities
- Must be a motivated and dedicated self-starter
- Strong analytical, negotiation, and creative problem solving skills
- Willingness to travel approximately 30-40%
- Experience using Salesforce and Gainsight
- Specialized Skills and Knowledge: Experience in the sales of telecommunication services, Business Continuity Planning, Disaster Recovery products, or related products highly desirable. Experience with Sandler Selling, SPIN Selling, or Solution Selling a plus.
Our team makes a difference during the most difficult times and challenging situations. Our people are dedicated to solving problems. Our software was built to save lives. Our unifying mission is to keep people safe and businesses running.
Headquartered in the great cities of Boston and Los Angeles, with operations across the world, our team of 750+ dedicated employees support more than 4,200 global customers every day in their most crucial moments. During public safety threats such as active shooter situations, terrorist attacks, or severe weather conditions—as well as during critical business like IT outages or cyber-attacks—customers rely on our SaaS-based platform to quickly and reliably aggregate and assess threat data, locate employees and first responders, automate a pre-defined communications processes, and track progress on those response plans.
Our culture is all about “Making a Difference,” and we are proud to serve:
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S. cities
- 8 of the 10 largest U.S.-based investment banks
- 7 of the top 10 U.S. technology and telecom companies
- 25 of the 25 busiest North American airports
- 7 of the 10 largest U.S. healthcare systems
- 6 of the 10 largest U.S. retailers
As we continue to grow and transform the field of critical event management, we need passionate, committed individuals to help us carry out our mission. Click here to learn more about what we do. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, apply to be a part of our award-winning team.
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.