We're looking for a Customer Support Engineer to join our Customer Team. In this role you will partner with Tulip’s customers to help guide them on their journey as they apply a new set of digital tools to their manufacturing operations. Your goal will be to build users into power users and aid them in their understanding of the Tulip platform and methodology.
At Tulip, we’re using technology to empower the people who build our world. We created the first manufacturing app platform to allow process engineers to bring digital transformation to their factory floors. Factories run with Tulip are more efficient, their workers are more productive, and they make fewer mistakes. We call it bottom-up digital transformation. Join us if you want to help create the next industrial revolution.
- Work hand in hand with the customer to aid them in app building while teaching them the platform.
- Triage bug reports and understand the root cause.
- Continuously improve the internal support process including procedures and tools.
- Act as Voice of Customer by advocating for features that make customers experience better.
- Write SQL queries, HTTP get/post requests, debug basic networking issues.
- You are genuine, humble, and curious
- You are process oriented and know how to stay organized
- You are comfortable working with customers through chat services, web calls, and in-person meetings.
- You want to contribute to the revolution and build something big.
- You’re an entrepreneur at heart. You’re flexible and can thrive in environments that don’t have defined processes, and you’re excited to help build.
- You have a heart for customers and partners, and you love to listen and learn from them.
- You understand the value and the ups-and-downs of building something.
- You are comfortable working in a start-up setting.
- BS Degree in a STEM field preferred
- Prior experience in technical support is a plus
- Experience in manufacturing or process engineering is a plus
- CS knowledge is a plus; at a min, you know a little SQL and have some basic coding experience
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- First-rate time management and organization skills
- A demonstrated dedication to considering things from the customer’s perspective
- Aptitude to learn fast and a demonstrated ability to lead by example
Working at Tulip:
We are building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal wellbeing. Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, HRA, Commuter, and 401k
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Fully stocked office kitchen with weekly meals and beer on tap
- Company outings and happy hours
- Fitness subsidies
- Dog-friendly office
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform manufacturing.
Read Full Job Description